• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

drinking

Lolly's mum

Mama Doe
hello all, need a bit of advice.

my lolly dosn't seem to drink very much, how much should a bun drink?
and he dosn't piddle as much as i think he should, whats the 'norm'?

em

My vet told me they should drink around 50mls per kg of weight in 24 hours. So for my 2kg dwarf lop he should have about 100mls. He has about 500mls at the moment! But he used to drink around the 100-150mls mark. Hope that helps.

drinkies

hello there,

i think my bun weighs about 1 to 1 1/2 kilos ( hard to tell, won't let me pick him up) so that means about 100ml a day? i shall start monitoring his intake more closely to be sure. i'm big believer in fluid balance!!

thanks!!

em x

well im just wondering what is it you give your rabbit water in ??
Do you give your rabbit a bowl of water or a Water bottle ?
If its a water bottle you might want to make sure your rabbit gets water out of it because some water bottles dont work and your rabbit wont get water.
So sometimes its best to test the bottle or use a Bowl of water

my buns prefer a water bowl to a bottle and remeber if they are eating lots of juicy grass or leaves or veg then they will be getting water from that.

water bottle

:wave:
lolly has a water bottle, it's working ok and he does have a regular supply of green veg and lots of hay. his water bottle has been moved recently and although he knows where it is (i've seen him use it) i'm wondering if the change of location has thrown him 'off course' slightly?

the wee wee is happening- this evening its been on my carpet!! dear little bunkin, can't seem to get the hang of the litter tray yet. we won't give up though.

em xx

Back