• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

VHD Help and Advice needed please :)

Bunny_mad

Alpha Buck
Hey,

I have 2 buns Bumble and Smudge and they live indoors. When I have Bumble Vaccinated I had her done against Myxi and VHD. The only issue was she reacted badly to the VHD and where she had the injection got sore, pusey and inflamed. It looked nasty and she lost all her fur around the injection site. She is a dutch and they injected her between her colours. She now has a patch where the line is not as clear as the rest of her where it grew back. Anyway back on subject..Smudge needs his injections but I am cautious as to giving him the VHD, I know the disease is bad but I don't want him to go through what Bumble went through. She had to have antibiotics and giving them to her really stressed her out. Any help would be appreciated. By the way Smudge is a Nethie xx

There's two different types of vaccine for VHD - do you know which one they were given?

The most common one is Cylap and can have side-effects.

I can't remember the name of the one with less problems but someone else who does know the name of it, hopefully, will be along soon.

If they did have Cylap it might be reassuring to you that they can still be protected against VHD but with less chance of side-effects.

Is that the vaccine that should be administered with a different needle than they use to 'draw up' the liquid from the bottle?

Back