• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Please help!!!

Amour_x_

Young Bun
Right I've just put this in general because it wouldnt work in here but now it has so ....

Anyway...

I went to a ladies house who basically breeds rabbits for money & she said I could have TWO 4 week old lop bunnies. ( She basically just wanted rid of them ) Obviously I saw their faces & couldnt say no, I know they will have a better life with me.

She told me she gets rid of her bunnies when they reach around 4 weeks, I know its wrong & that they should stay with their mum till 7-8 weeks but anyway I took them because she told me they were weaned & would be fine if I keep them indoors.

They seem very lively. & eating small amounts of food, very rarely & drinking out of the bottle now & again... The problem is they keep licking my skin & nibbling my finger tips as though its their mother, I feel so awful & dont know what to do.

Should I go get some milk, or will they be okay as they are?

How much are they expected to eat & drink?

Another thing is one of them had a bit of diareea, i think this is due to stress as they have just left their mother ( she is fine now, having normal poops ) & the lady said they have never been handled only to check on them & sex them.

I would really appreciate any help, anything at all....

Thank you in advance!!!!

replied in general goats milk is best not sure what age should be weaned tho.. think that they will need to be kept very warm would give a bowl to drink from and pipett kitten feeder thing to administer teh goasts milk i know young kits need around 4 feeds a day not sure at 4 weeks. i hope they survive good lluck xxx

Oh no :( The first thing id do is report the person to the RSCPA! thats awful. I dont know anything about baby buns, i just hope theyre going to be ok :( have read alot of bad things on here about baby buns leaving their mums early :? I hope someone comes along soon with some advice. Keep us updated. Sending lots of vibes for them xXx

I think they havent been weaned properly, I might go get some kitten milk which is made from goats milk hummm :cry:

Back