• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Sooty has stasis

*lily*

Wise Old Thumper
Sooty, my 7 yr old, hadn't eaten her breakfast today. I came home tonight and she was sitting out in the pouring rain and hadn't been to the toilet all day.

Took her to the vets and she has had an injection to stimulate her gut, some rehydration sachets and some of that lovely powdered food to try her with tomorrow if she hasn't eaten by then :(

The vet asked me how I knew about stasis :oops: I told him I came on a rabbit forum and was now a wealth of information! :oops:

Can we have some gut moving vibes please for my girlie?

Thanks everyone.

Since I moved here 12 months ago I have had nothing but bad news with my rabbits.

We lost Simba, Tinkerbell had her massive jaw absess and now Sooty, it's so upsetting, you really start to believe you are doing something wrong :(

Thanks everyone.

Since I moved here 12 months ago I have had nothing but bad news with my rabbits.

We lost Simba, Tinkerbell had her massive jaw absess and now Sooty, it's so upsetting, you really start to believe you are doing something wrong :(

They're such fragile little creatures aren't they, and particularly if they're rescues and you don't know their backgrounds.
Hope Sooty feels better soon.

Im so sorry life is so cruel sometimes.Sending loads of healing vibes Sootys way and a big hug for you Lily

He didn't give pain relief to her, I never gave it a thought :oops:

I feel terrible now, will ring them first thing tomorrow.

sending vibes. HOpe Sooty is feeling better soon.

My Audrey is recovering from stasis at the moment and my quick reaction was all thanks to this wonderful forum.

He didn't give pain relief to her, I never gave it a thought :oops:

I feel terrible now, will ring them first thing tomorrow.

My vet gave it anyway when Riley had his - I didn't hear it mentioned I was in such a state my OH had to tell me afterwards - so they may have done it anyway as a matter of course. Worth checking though!

Despite having got a load of fluids into her yesterday evening, she still hasn't eaten and is just lying around very lethargic. No poo's either. I'm taking her back to the vets this morning and will ask for pain relief. I don't know whats going on with her :(

Have you syringe fed?, has she had any prepulsid?, has she had metoclopromide?

I really hope she is going to be OK, sending loads of vibes and hugs to you xx

Back