• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Happy Hutch

fluffiebunnie

Warren Veteran
I have a Happy Hutch 6 x 2 x 2 with run under and have just had it set up... can anyone help with some silly questions?? :lol:

When I lift the lid of the run up it covers the door, so whats the point in that? I lift the lid up to get close to the hutch to open the doors but then I cant get to the doors :roll::lol:

The ramp is a nightmare to get up/put down... I crawl into the run and lodge it into place but by the time I have climbed out of the run and gone into the hutch it has slipped back down again :roll:

The hatch door seems too big for the gap - so this is never flat when I close the hutch...

How do you all get round these problems?

:wave: Firstly I turned the lid round so that it opens the other way, I had a brick at the base of the steps to stop them from slipping, and I never shut the hatch so I never had that problem!

The run out the front of the HH was one of the reasons I bought myself a custom Ryedale with a side opening door under the hutch - so I could attach a run to the side of it and still have easy access to the hutch :D

Hi, I've also got the same hutch/run. What I did was put the lid on the wrong way so that it opens away from the hutch, that way I can just step into the run and open the hutch doors (makes cleaning the hutch alot easier aswell). Don't know why it is made with the lid opening towards the front of the hutch :roll: doesn't make much sense to me either. My o/h opens the roof of the hutch and puts the ramp in that way but I'm a bit small for that :lol:. I also covered the run lid with shed felt so the buns can get out even if it's raining, also makes it shaded if its sunny.
http://lh6.ggpht.com/Bevvy123/SMqROAA7BgI/AAAAAAAAAt0/upRwG1ycj8Q/s512/100_0541.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/Bevvy123/SMqRL9Fwr1I/AAAAAAAAAts/4tJewJtqQzQ/s512/100_0540.JPG

Back