• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The hutch is finished at last! Thanks Happy Hutch!

**Ilovelops**

Alpha Buck
Following on from my earlier thread, where I'd ordered a 5ftx2ftx2ft happy hutch, and they sent me one out but the panels didn't fit together properly, i emailed them with the photographs. The next day I was called, and they said that they would send me out an entire new hutch! I was shocked!
Last Wednesday the replacement hutch arrived, and it was as described! An entire new hutch!
We got cracking on building it, and it's great! It fixed together perfectly! It is actually much bigger now built than I thought it would be (doesn't appear as big on the photographs that it really is!) but it's great!

Here it is built
DSC00637.jpg

Then we painted it inside and out with a pet safe paint, and sealed the edges to prevent pee-leaks! (my boys are still in the process of littertraining, but getting there!)
DSC00640.jpg

Next we added locks for security
DSC00638.jpg

Then I added kick plates, so that when the doors are open/closed woodshavings don't fall out
DSC00650.jpg

The boys are in!
DSC00648.jpg

Hutch with kickplates
DSC00678.jpg

Finally some pics of my boys :love:

Bonny
DSC00651.jpg

Choco
DSC00661.jpg

Choco again
DSC00662.jpg

and again
DSC00664.jpg

Bonny
DSC00667.jpg

My beautiful boys :love:
DSC00668.jpg

Mummy showing Bonny what he is allowed to chew...and not the new hutch! :lol:
DSC00671.jpg

He's a fast learner!
DSC00672.jpg

Mr Nosy :lol:
DSC00676.jpg

The hutch has now been moved into the shed. Once the boys have settled, and we've finished clearing out the shed, the boys will have run of the shed during the day, with a ramp/steps to the hutch.

Overall I'm very pleased the quality of the hutch. It's very solid and heavy and will last a long time! The customer service from the Happy Hutch Company was brilliant too! :D

They are beautiful!! Well done on putting the hutch together too! I am sooo rubbish at DIY, so am looking for a ready assembled hutch :oops:

Was the 1st hutch not brand new then?

It looks fab, love the kick plates also, they match :)

Your boys are so adorable :love::love:

The hutch looks good, a suggestion to help make it last longer and to be easier to clean out would be to put lino tiles on the floor which can then just be wiped down.

You can also avoid using wood shavings as well if you do this.

The hutch looks good, a suggestion to help make it last longer and to be easier to clean out would be to put lino tiles on the floor which can then just be wiped down.

You can also avoid using wood shavings as well if you do this.

That's a great idea! I hate using woodshavings tbh, but because the boys are still learning about litter training I just find it easier at the moment. I did try them on newspaper first with just woodshavings in the tray, but they peed in every corner, and proceeded to them walk/lie in it! Results were mucky bunnies! Ewww! :lol:

They're going to be neutered next month (bits just coming through now), so I've read that will help with the training...I hope! :)

Was the 1st hutch not brand new then?

It looks fab, love the kick plates also, they match :)

Your boys are so adorable :love::love:

Yes the first hutch was brand new, just two of the panels didn't fit together right. Infact, it only really needed a piece of wood about 1cm thick to bridge the gap, and then it would have built into a perfect hutch. However, with this hutch costing £130, I wasn't happy having to ad-lib, so I contacted the company and they sent me out a complete replacement!
I still have the other hutch. Seems a waste to bin as, like I say, could very easy be made into a hutch with just that extra piece of wood. I might donate it to a rescue, or sell it and donate the proceeds or something :)

The kick plates were a must! So simple to design and add, and yet make such a difference! :)

I think my boys are adorable too, but then again I would! :lol: They are my first ever bunnies, and I'm learning as I'm going along, but I'm determined to give them the best life possible! Lots to learn though! :)

Back