• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Keeping Warm In Winter?

HelB

Warren Scout
Hi, whenever I have had pets before I have always done something different so want to decide what to do this time.
When I had guineas they always always came in Bonfire night until Easter time cos I didnt want them to be cold! and went back outside when it warmed up.
When I was a lot younger (and less educated about rabbits) I kept my rabbits outside with the standard shavings and hay and they died :( .
BUT now I have my 2 beautiful bunnies in a large hutch with carpet and a litter tray i'm a bit worried they wont have enough snuggly stuff to keep them warm inside their hutch. I am already sorting out some silver insultating material and a waterproof cover for the outside of the hutch but what should i put inside, it seems so bare with just the carpet and tray.

(if I had my own house they would be house bunnies anyway but there is no way my parents will let me bring them in now as we're on with totally refurbing the house!)

Back