• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

All my bunnies are about 3/4 years

SOAD

Wise Old Thumper
That's about right isn't it :oops:

After the shocking bill I got for Pippin, I got them insured, but not got the rescues insured, think I should get them insured too :?

I should get mine insured after Claudes bill:shock: but they have never been to the vets only for vaccines unlike Claude who had been on and off ill since 9months
How much is it?

its always tricky when u have lots of buns whether to insure them or not isnt it!

i have four and im never sure.... peanut is insured, but noneof the others (only bcus hes always been a bit 'odd') and the other day i took him to the vet and it cost £50.50p!:roll:

Beatrix, Bob, Maisie, Zippy, Scooby, Kovu, George, Thumps, Holly, Dylan, Bramble, Thistle, it's £93.64 a month, you see this is what is putting me off too, because I don't normally have anything that cost more than the excess. The is exceptions on Holly and Zippy, Holly's comes off in November and Zippy's comes off if all of her back teeth are removed.

its always tricky when u have lots of buns whether to insure them or not isnt it!

i have four and im never sure.... peanut is insured, but noneof the others (only bcus hes always been a bit 'odd') and the other day i took him to the vet and it cost £50.50p!:roll:

I dont mind bills of up to £100 but Claudes was £500:shock:

i ersonally prefer to keep a vet fund and a spare credit card if i can(not always possible i know) as if i can save up then go past an amount i set and havent spent any for vets i can pay for vaccs out of it too and for toys/treats? i put £15 a month in which is around same as would pay for insurance as am alwyas thinking..hmm but what if inever have to use it....

Yeah I don't know if I am doing the right thing or now to be honest.

i ersonally prefer to keep a vet fund and a spare credit card if i can(not always possible i know) as if i can save up then go past an amount i set and havent spent any for vets i can pay for vaccs out of it too and for toys/treats? i put £15 a month in which is around same as would pay for insurance as am alwyas thinking..hmm but what if inever have to use it....

Pippin cost me £600 at Ste Georges and a further £100 at my own vets, so kind of had my fingers burnt, but then saying that I had Joeys bill which was very expensive as well as Dusty's (both rescues)

its difficult. how much is it for yours? cus of my area its £12 here for mine, so £48 a month...with £50 excess, so i would have to have a vet bill over £100 every month to justify it.

so i just figured i wouldnt bother, and just pay a big one off vet bill when it occurs. if it ends up being loads, then its my own fault i guess, but with the excess it didnt feel worth it.

I paid about £600 for Hobbes vet bills over 6 months but considering that I had him for 4 years with no problems I don't think that's too bad.
The other buns have all been fine too so I think i'd rather risk it than pay out £340 a year just in case!

It's a tough one.

It's taking a gamble I suppose, but I would be more inclined to put that £93 away every month in a savings account or something, so that it's there if you do need it. It's not an easy decision though...... you could pay out every month and never need to claim or you could put money away every month and then get a couple of really huge vet bills. :?

If you do change your mind, is there a cancellation period or would you lose money?

I have 12 (that's now many I got insured), I have more if you count the rescues, am thinking of insuring them too.

It's a tough one.

It's taking a gamble I suppose, but I would be more inclined to put that £93 away every month in a savings account or something, so that it's there if you do need it. It's not an easy decision though...... you could pay out every month and never need to claim or you could put money away every month and then get a couple of really huge vet bills. :?

If you do change your mind, is there a cancellation period or would you lose money?

I have 14 days to decide, my one concern is they're all getting on now.

It's a tough one.

lol iv just written almost the exact same thing on her poll thread!!

I paid about £600 for Hobbes vet bills over 6 months but considering that I had him for 4 years with no problems I don't think that's too bad.
The other buns have all been fine too so I think i'd rather risk it than pay out £340 a year just in case!

Yep I know what you mean, Pippins vet bill was £700 in one week, was a bit of a shocker, don't get me wrong I paid it and then more on top to have her cremated.

Back