• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Thorne needs poop vibes

Raven Rexs

Mama Doe
Thorne has stopped pooping normaly for 24hrs then on the way to the vets done 5 and again has done nothing Christabel has given me some metacam and gut stimulater for her shes Thors sister so im very very worried about her tummy please any vibes you can spare would be welcomed:(

I really hope she will be OK

Given what happened with Thor and was there not another BH from the same line that did not make it :? :cry: I think it would be advisable to speak with Christobel re the possibility that these Hares have a genetic condition called Dysautonomia. BHs are a breed known to be at risk. This condition effects the nerve supply to the guts and stops the guts working properly. Horses can suffer from a similar condition, usually refered to as 'Grass Sickness'.

If there is any risk what-so-ever that Thorne's breeding line carries the 'faulty genes' then I personally dont think it would be fare to risk breeding from her.

I am sure Christobel will be able to offer you good advice.

Sending get well vibes for Thorne :)

Last edited:
I really hope she will be OK

Given what happened with Thor and was there not another BH from the same line that did not make it :? :cry: I think it would be advisable to speak with Christobel re the possibility that these Hares have a genetic condition called Dysautonomia. BHs are a breed known to be at risk. This condition effects the nerve supply to the guts and stops the guts working properly. Horses can suffer from a similar condition, usually refered to as 'Grass Sickness'.

If there is any risk what-so-ever that Thorne's breeding line carries the 'faulty genes' then I personally dont think it would be fare to risk breeding from her.

I am sure Christobel will be able to offer you good advice.

Sending get well vibes for Thorne :)

Thats what my Claude has,its a terrible thing:(

followed thors storey before i joined the forum, being a hare owner i realy felt for you. i hope thorne gets better. get well thorne.

I just dont understand it, ive never had one of the hares ive bred go like this or even the ones i rescued - which are from the same breeder but were older
I just cant take it first thor now is it really going to thorne aswell the harey duo i was so honoured to get and this is really what it comes down to a few weeks i pray to God that i can get Thorne through this:cry::cry::cry: please dont take her away aswell:cry::cry:

Back