• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Milly's poorly foot.

capel

Warren Veteran
At Last! I've managed to get a couple of decent pics which show the extent of Milly's swollen foot:
DSC00234.jpg

DSC00235.jpg

DSC00236.jpg

No..I've never dealt with anything like this before so thought I should just go with the vet's advice, keep up the abx and metacam till owner returns on Saturday. How can one tell the difference between an abcess and "just" swelling? Do all swellings have the potential to develop into abcesses? Should I take her back tomorrow? Bournville's going up for his VHD anyway so I guess I could always take her too.

Awww, saw paws...............:(

Are they any better since she had her meds. Sending her some vibes for her tootsies.

After looking at the photo again the paw doesn't look angry and red which abscesses usually do.What does your vet think It is?I think you said the vet found a scab which indicates it has burst already.If your vet thinks it is an abscess I would ask what he thinks about changing Abx to ceporex as it has much better tissue penetration.

Back