• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Excitement aggresion?

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
If it can be called that, when ever Jazz and Gizmo see me they get excited because they think I have food, Jazz starts chasing and lunging at Gizmo as if he's jealous... I know he is the dominant one but this is starting to get out of hand and almost caused a fight this evening...They have been bonded for nearly 2 years I think so it's not a new bond they are both neuterd boys. Any tips on how to stop this?
Its starting to worry me.

my group do it ALL the time, peanut as soon as he thinks i have food he turns into a little piglet and start runnign arnd grunting at the other three!

how do you feed them? i feed them by scattering and now there is no bowl he has stopped bcus he was thinking 'my food, my bowl, nobody take my food'

when its scattered he doesnt get possesive

xxx

Dunno if its something in the sir at mo. Our housebuns a doe and a buck are usually so loved up and they seem to be doing this more often recently :?

Its strange he doesnt do it with the pellets in the bowl he does it when I scatter the evening vedge... when he gets sight of me before I even put the food in. :(

Two of my boys are the same and have been for the last four years.I now feed them seperatley.I put Fudges on a ledge and Smokeys on the shed floor.

My bunnies are the same when i have food or i haven't. They just chase each other round and round grunting and nipping at each other. I try to scatter things like veg around, but they still get their pellets in their food bowls. They soon settle down once they're eating.
Helen xx

Back