• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

OMG!!!! Got my homecheck on sat!

Awwww i am sure everything will be fine.
I have had two and they are so nerve wrecking.
You won,t have a problem:D

What gets checked in a home check?
When I went to pick up bun yesterday there was sign at the RSPCA saying that you needed to spend at least 30 minutes alone with your chosen pet before you would be allowed to take it home, seems that only applied to cats and dogs, because bun was picked up given to me for a cuddle and then we were on our way within 10 minutes or less?!

oops... edited I meant to say Best of Luck!

Last edited:
good lcu k if your accomodation is fine(and am sure you'v followed guidelines.... your knowledge is fine on animal or willing to learn then there really should be no major problems even if rescue is unhappy with an aspect they will try and get you to modify it to conform to standered rather than just saying no....
i did a home check once where the lady had one bun and wanted a freind..... there were 2 problems.... 1. the stairgate that stopped the buns going to rest of house the new bun was only a nethie and could have slipped thru.... and 2 that there wsa a few wires around(it was a house bun) lady got a different gate and sorted the wires so they werrnt in buns reach...no biggys and she got the new bun to bond in. its really about working with you rather than against you!!!

What gets checked in a home check?
When I went to pick up bun yesterday there was sign at the RSPCA saying that you needed to spend at least 30 minutes alone with your chosen pet before you would be allowed to take it home, seems that only applied to cats and dogs, because bun was picked up given to me for a cuddle and then we were on our way within 10 minutes or less?!

oops... edited I meant to say Best of Luck!

:shock: Thats not very good for a rescue, anyone could go get a bunny!! (not saying your anyone, but you know what I mean)

Good luck for saturday, dont worry, homecheckers are horrid people that will look at your decor and think its not there taste and refuse you ;)

I do homechecks and I feel sorry for the people who you can see are obviously on edge. I try and make people relax as best as I can.

:shock: Thats not very good for a rescue, anyone could go get a bunny!! (not saying your anyone, but you know what I mean)

Good luck for saturday, dont worry, homecheckers are horrid people that will look at your decor and think its not there taste and refuse you ;)

I do homechecks and I feel sorry for the people who you can see are obviously on edge. I try and make people relax as best as I can.

She said shes not intrested in decor or mess just where the bun will live and that he will be loved!
I said good job our dining room is a right mess were decorating!

Back