• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Silly Question #3 Can Buns get hiccups?

MammaH

Alpha Buck
Binx has just had a bit of a run around and I've given him the teeniest bit of banana and he then started chewing the carpet so I clapped my hands and told him "NO" he then stopped and went then just laid down and his chest started to go up and down, I was worried it may have been a fit but it just looked like a bad case of hiccups... It only lasted 2minutes and he didn't look distressed or anything and then he just looked like he was laying down like normal

He's in his cage now munching away but I'm slightly worried:?

thank goodness! I got really worried cause I've never seen a bunny hiccup before and I thought maybe something had gone wrong cause I'm a new BunnyMummy and he's only 9weeks old... He seems perfectly fine now, he's running around now few:roll:

I'm a new bun mum too and would probably also have been a bit freaked out. Good to check all the questions in here so I know what to expect too.

When joey first had hiccups i got really scared.... even asked my vet about it and got him checked over :oops::lol:

Yep, i rang the emergency vets when flopsy had them when she was a baby because i didn't know what they were :oops:

oh i m glad i read this i have had rabbits for 12 years... iv never seen a bun with hiccups i too would have paniced it just shows that we can all definatly learn something every day!!!

I don't think Boris has ever had hiccups :? However my hamster gets them every once in a while,sounds so funny! :lol::love:

He did give me such a scare because I thought it was a fit, but I don't know what a bunny fit looks like, but also it reminded me of a bad spout of hiccups I had the other day and the fact that he didn't look completely bothered by it and that it only lasted like 2mins and then he just got up and started to act normally did make me wonder

But I'm glad that it wasn't anything too serious!

Back