• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Naughty Bunnies!

hollyd123

Warren Scout
Domino and Darcy have been VERY naughty lately!!

They have a lovely spacious home (pics >

Inside:

DarcyDomino010.jpg

Outside (you can just about see Dom, the white blur behind the run made out of trellis - ignore the hutch, we no longer have that):

DarcyDomino002.jpg

Domino has managed to escape from his run twice in the past couple of days - he's jump approx 3 and 1/2ft wire mesh to jump through holes in the trellis, so I've blocked it off for now, will put mesh up to 5ft later. Today I came home to find BOTH of them munching away in the food bin outside there 'home'!! They must've jumped out of their pen. I'm now going to have to spend the evening making adjustments! Bad bunnies! :no:

My only concern is that while jumping out, one of them has landed in a tray of daffodyl bulbs and knocked it off, scattering bulbs all over the floor. Theres no evidence of nibbling, I just hope neither has eaten any. Would there be any signs if they had? They seem perfectly okay - if a little plump from all the food they've scoffed.

Why do they keep escaping?!?! I think its because I've allowed them access to the garden a few times recently and they now know the grass is greener and all that!! :lol:

Not sure about the daffodills, I would keep any eye on the buns for any sign of illness, just incase.

Ive have two buns that are in their run during the day but come out for an hour morning and evening for a run around the garden - they cant wait to get out half the time - my doe is a very good jumper and can escape within seconds. I have a Domino and he's very naughty too:lol::roll:

Why do they keep escaping? because thats what buns do best!

One of mine, Jeeves is the biggest culprit for digging I have ever known. His has padlocks galore on his hutch and his free range time has been restricted to the house now...

Back