• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Audrey's under the weather u/d

andic

Mama Doe
:cry:
On Monday Audrey wasn't interested in her food at tea time. So we chased her about and an hour later she was eating food as normal (i.e. a gannet!!!:lol:) Tuesday breakfast she was fine. Tuesday tea came along and the same thing as the previous night.....she refused to bother with food. We took her to the vets that night - he said her teeth looked fine and he felt her tummy.
he gave her 2 injections and some syrup for us to give her three times a day.
She is eating a little but still not grabbing food off MOnty which she would normally do - we're chasing her around and around to try and get her to eat. she seems to just want to flop. Her eyes seem a little brighter today but she's still not 100%. She's not her stroppy self either (although she did try eating the wood on the stairs last night :roll:so perhaps she is getting slightly better:D). I've got her another appointment with the vet tonight.

She has eaten the green bits off the top of carrots, dandelion and a few pellets. She's eating her hay still. She's pooing and weeing ok, but her poos are slightly smaller.

Has anybody got any other advice?
I;m so worried about her - bless her she's such a lovely stroppy bunny :love:

Last edited:
If she has had a bad bout of GI Stasis, it will take a couple of days to get back to normal. If she is eating a bit and pooing, that is positive.

Hope she is back to normal soon, let us know how she gets on at the vets.

FC xx

Thanks!
We've just come back from the vet and it looks like it was stasis. The vet gave her another jab and us some critcal care to syringe feed her. She was weighed and hasn't lost too much weight to worry about (touch wood). We've got to continue with the syrup. HOpefully this will help get her guts back up and running normally now.

Thanks again.

What syrup are you using? Metaclopromide?

I would say if she is eating on her own, just monitor her and don't syringe feed unless she stops again, otherwise she'll get too stressed.

Glad things seem better though.

The vet gave her an injection of metaclopromide and the syrup begins with a c (sorry can't remember and I'm at my parents house using the computer as ours is broken again!!)
Thanks for all the advice.
She seems perkier today a lot more alert and brighter. (well she tried to munch at the wood on the stairs again). She's just chased Monty for some pellets and she bit his bum...all this is part of her usual behaviour.....so she's gradually getting back to normal!

Thanks again!

Thanks!
She is definately better....she tried humping Monty this morning.....and there is less wallpaper on the walls now...that's our Audrey back!!!

xx

Back