• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hi all

slimjim

New Kit
Hello all.
I registered on here a day or so ago but forgot to introduce myself (sorry) so here is what I put in my first post (in housing) and a little bit more.

Me and my wife have recently bought a pair of young rabbits (sadly thumper died on sunday evening from suspected HVD two days before her jab appointment:cry:). Her friend Flopsy then bacame withdrawn and felt a bit down so our vet advised us to get her another friend asap so we now have our new family member Snuffles who have now both been vacinated and Flopsy seems to be a lot happier. They seem to be getting on quite well, cuddling up together. They have had one or two little scuffles but the vet has told us that this is normal and should die out as they get used to each other a bit more.
These are the first rabbits I have had since I was a teenager and I am a bit nervous and want to make sure I do the right things for our new family members. I have bought books, which I have read loads of time, and a dvd and I am still learning loads day by day.

Thanks,
James.

Hello James :wave:. I'm a new member as well and, as a matter of fact, have just registered myself. So, it's good to see you here.

Congratulations on your new additions, Flopsy and Snuffles. And, I am so, so sorry to hear about Thumper. I believe I'm lucky here in the USA since we do not have VHD or even myxi (there have been myxi outbreaks on the west coast, but, thankfully not in my area). They are such devastating illnesses and I am so sorry that your family has been touched by VHD. Hopefully Snuffles will help to heal your hearts as well as Flopsy's.

I hope to see you around and hear more about you and yours. This site looks like a wonderful place and I'm honored to share this experience with you (and everyone).

Thank you all for your lovely welcome.

I always get the abbreviation wrong for VHD sorry.

We only had Thumper for 2 weeks, it was great when we bought them home because Thumper and Flopsy had two totaly different personalities, Flopsy is lazy and not very adventurous but Thumper was a live wire, thats how we new something was up on the day she died. She is now buried in our garden so she will always be with us.

Again Thanks for the great welcome.

Hi
Welcome to the forum, it's a very friendly place and there's always someone available whose brains you can pick too.

Hope your buns have settled in.

Rabswood

Back