• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

found this website..

lilminxlou

Mama Doe
and disagree with it totally. surely its not right to be spreading that message around?

clicky

am trying to find some leaflets and facts about why guineas and rabbits shouldnt be kept together as i have had many arguements about it due to narrow minded people saying well the last one lived till it was 9 and it was fine :censored:

Unfortunately the last paragraph says it all "While guinea pigs generally make good rabbit friends, it's important to make sure both animals are healthy because they can carry diseases which may be harmful to the other species." Some of these diseases are not harmful to the carrier and therefore don't present themselves so whilst the animal may be fit and well the disease it is carrying can actually harm the other.

and disagree with it totally. surely its not right to be spreading that message around?

clicky

am trying to find some leaflets and facts about why guineas and rabbits shouldnt be kept together as i have had many arguements about it due to narrow minded people saying well the last one lived till it was 9 and it was fine :censored:

I share your view. My sister had a bun and GP bonded and they got on fine. Because of this, they assumed it was normal and when my niece moved out she got herself a bun and GP. Sadly the bun layed on the GP and suffocated it which is a common occurance I understand.

It was written in 2001 and 7 years ago many people did think it was still ok to keep piggies and bunnies together. Luckily things have moved on since then, it just a shame they haven't removed the article form their site.

When I got my rescue buns I was told by the person who interviewed me that "Nowadays it's not usually recommended to put guinea pigs with rabbits but take no notice, its B:censored:s!!"

I will say it's a rescue that focuses mostly on larger animals- horses, donkeys, lots of dogs and cats. The rabbits had loads of space and were very well cared for but it is misadvice.
They only had a couple of pigs and they were in with buns.

there doesnt seem to be a contact us bit then again i didnt really look too hard. i just think that its a bit wrong to be sending that message out. not having a go at them but i think its time they updated it

Back