• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just started crying....

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
infront of the buns!!!! I was sitting in their outhouse with them, and domino jumped on my lap and started grooming me, and ijust burst into tears bcus in nine days i either wont see them for, 6 weeks, or 2 months.

i know i have to do this, i have to go bcus its my future career, and i know my mum will look after them really well, but ourbond is going tobreak and when i come back he wont know me :(:(:(:(

how can i be without them for 6-8 weeks? how?

:(

The bond won't break, honest. They may be a bit off with you when you see them again (I think they do it on purpose to lay on the guilt :oops:). The bond does return.... I didn't see mine for 2 x 3 week periods in April/ May and we're the same as ever.

i know they dont care that i wont be here. but i will miss them SO much. and i will miss my dogs, and my hamster!

i have never not had pets and i wont have any when im at Uni, its horrible.

and i wont be able to take them with me next year either, bcus there a groupof four and would need a shed or something.

:(:(:(:(:(

Awwwwwwwwwwww just remember tho, the better career you have, the more you can provide for your fluffies and im sure your mum will take good care of them and keep you updated. :) *hugs*

i know , im just not looking forward to going at all, i had £300 saved up to go shopping and get new clothes, things for my room/flat, and i lent it to my dad but that was fine cus i was getting it back soon., but then bonnie needed her op, so now i have no money.

I would never change that, i wanted her to get better. but, i just feel like, i have no money, im leaving all my pets and i jus feel misrable.

i know , im just not looking forward to going at all, i had £300 saved up to go shopping and get new clothes, things for my room/flat, and i lent it to my dad but that was fine cus i was getting it back soon., but then bonnie needed her op, so now i have no money.

I would never change that, i wanted her to get better. but, i just feel like, i have no money, im leaving all my pets and i jus feel misrable.

I must admit thats what put me off going to uni away from home, leaving my babys behind :( i cudnt imagine not seeing them for one day,never mind months! Mine seem to have more fun without me anyway, my mam lets them get up to no good :lol:

Im leaving my wee boy for three weeks soon and im not looking forwards to it, even though ill be in Hawaii....his dad will be at home with him (my b.friend!!) but i still feel like ill miss the wee guy heaps.

Its ridiculous how attached we get to our buns

On the positive side you are going to make loads of new friends at Uni (I guess its your first year?). And it really is the best time of your life.

You could volunteer at a local rescue, as I sure there will be bunnies there that would love your attention.

And your be so pleased to go home and see them.

I'm sure your mum will keep you updated with lots of photos.

I do know how you feel, I rescued a yorkie when I was 16 after volunteering at a vets and then went to uni at 18 and had to leave her with my mum and dad. I was very sad about it at the time.

Good luck on your first few days at uni and enjoy yourself. :D

Louise

i know ill love it when im there, and im not at all worried about not knowing anyone or anything cus i make friends easily, ita just leaving them that upset me.

i dont think there is any rescues in Bournemouth/Poole

They really won't forget you SJ. A few years ago I was in hospital for 12 weeks and then had to go and convalesce at my mum and dad's for about another three or four weeks and they were boarded out during the whole of that time. When I got home and they came home they were all really pleased to see me and clearly hadn't forgotten me at all. If anything the bond grew stronger.

i know ill love it when im there, and im not at all worried about not knowing anyone or anything cus i make friends easily, ita just leaving them that upset me.

i dont think there is any rescues in Bournemouth/Poole

OOOoooo I know someone who has a farm in Poole.... I can ask him if he'll have your rabbits?!

OOOoooo I know someone who has a farm in Poole.... I can ask him if he'll have your rabbits?!

to be honest they will get much more attention at home, my mum is at home most of the day and i wouldnt like them living away from everyone, at least when they are away from me they are at home still.

ooo i have to PM you!

Don't worry. The bond won't be the same while you are living away from home, but as soon as you come back they will regain that trust. When I moved away from uni it broke my heart to leave my dogs. I was a wreck about it, especially my ten year old yorkie because he had seen me through some really bad times. I was emotionally dependent on them and if I'm honest I cried for weeks when I got to uni.... It did get better though, and they were always so happy to see me when I came home to visit (which was every two weeks at first even though I was living a three hour drive and five hour train journey away :lol:).

The first december I was living away from home, I came back to find my yorkie had lost a lot of weight which no one had noticed because they saw him every day... then I found he was wetting himself while he was asleep and sometimes awake. He had very bad epilepsy and was on a cocktail of drugs throughout his life. They had caused his liver to fail. I was lucky that I got to spend that 4 weeks over xmas with him and then had to let him go.... if it hadn't been for that time we had apart while I was at uni I literally would not have been able to carry on. I'm not even sure why I just told you that! I just wanted you to know that it does get easier after a while and it doesn't mean you are forgetting your pets. Like Phoebe'smummy said, you are building a better future for them and yourself.

I know how you feel, I'm worried that while I'm doing Teacher Training, they will hardly see me. I'm looking at it like Phoebe'smummy, if I start to earn more money at the end of it, I can buy a house and they can live indoors.

Back