• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Litter training

AndiPeel

New Kit
I have four rabbits in total, my first 3 are really clean and were very easy to litter train, my new arrival does not seem to be interested and uses the litter tray as a bed! She is not old enough for the op yet, but i cant remember if my others were trained after the op does this make the rabbit easier to train? Or is it an age thing? Any other suggestions please let me know. thanks

Being neutered is supposed to help yes and it stops a lot of their territorial marking. A lot of rabbits use their litter tray to sleep in as well, it's quite natural. Do you mean she doesn't use it as a litter tray at all?

Not really apart from when a few droppings land in by accident! her soon to be husband is having the op as we speak and he as always used a litter tray!

Have you tried picking up all her business and putting it in the litter tray so it smells like her toilet area? Sometimes this might help, also try not to change all of the litter, leave a little bit in there for smell.

Being spayed and a bit older really does help. Have you tried putting her hay above or in the litter tray as they do tend to like to munch and poo at the same time.

Back