• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Not sure where to post this.

Arkaidy

Young Bun
I am brand new, hopefully this is the right forum ...

Last week my mom called me up and said someone left a rabbit, cage, toys, and all, on her front porch.

Well, knowing what kind of sucker I am, she brought him to my house and he's still here. He seems to be pretty young, and very friendly, but I know nothing about rabbits. His cage is way too small, about 12 X 24, but he gets roam of the house which he does great with. My cats, who hate everything, are playing with him, and he lets my 15 month old daughter give him kisses, so, maybe it's meant to be.

But yes, what do I do?

:wave: Firstly welcome to RU. are you going to keep him/her? if you are going to keep him/her then you need to decide if you are going to keep him as a house bun or outdoors. Because he hasn't had time to grow a winter coat it would be better if you keep him in the house. I've only had my bun since April so I can only give limited advise but someone else will be along soon!

Hi and welcome to RU:wave:Firstly he will need a bigger cage.You could go the search bar at the top of the page and type in,"Indoor houses,".I'm glad you let him run around the house as buns need plenty of exercise.The bun will need to have vaccinations against myxi and HVD and when HE/She gets older neutered.Bun will also need food and water.Then gradually introduce plants such as dandelions,greens,broccoli.There will be a list on here for safe food to feed your bun.Good luck and keep us posted how you get on

Back