• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

a grieving bunny, how long should you leave it

bunnyrun

Mama Doe
alice lost her soul mate today, she,s very quiet tonight how long should i leave it before trying to bond her again :cry::cry::cry:

When barlie lost Maizey i got Bugsy two weeks later and introduced them gradually over a week and then they were fine.Sorry for your loss

Awww sorry to hear this :( I think it depends very much on the individual bun - and also if the cause of death is known - as in some cases it may be appropriate to maintain a 'quarantine' period after the death, just in case.

I have previously bonded within a few days, and I have also left it a few weeks - I have just taken my cue from how the bun seems to be behaving and whether they seem to want to mourn the loss of that particular friend, or whether they are more upset about being alone. It's a tricky one and I don't think there's a straightforward answer :?

i think it depends on the rabbit. dora stopped eating after snowy left and lost a lot of wiehgt from 2.8kg-2.2kg in space of a week bless her... she was down and listless...i got arthur a week after and she perked up immediatly and is back to her greedy eating ways..her coat is nice again too as that went dull during that week however ilet her pick him so she wasnt forced to be with another bun if she didnt want to .xxx

Back