• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My guinea pigs have moved into their new playhouse!

Netutopia

Alpha Buck
Two of our guinea pigs, Yoshi and Monty Sarasen (or the squeakers as they are also known) have moved into their new playhouse today:

tn_playhouse.jpg

They have a stable door - will be fitting mesh to the top part tomorrow so it can be left open while they are in there in the daytime (if they are not in their run on the grass)
tn_playhouse2.jpg

tn_playhouse3.jpg

tn_playhouse4.jpg

tn_playhouse5.jpg

tn_playhouse6.jpg

The boys have moved in and are just beginning to explore - Yoshi is the mostly black one and Monty Sarasen is the ginger one.
tn_playhouse7.jpg

tn_playhouse8.jpg

tn_playhouse9.jpg

tn_playhouse10.jpg

tn_playhouse11.jpg

tn_playhouse12.jpg

I am so happy :D My husband is a star :love:, the playhouse arrived on Monday and he built it on Monday and modified it on Tuesday, the boys moved in today! :D

I know it looks a bit bare at the moment so will be adding some more bits and pieces for them - I would welcome any suggestions or ideas!

Last edited:
Just noticed the catches on the door. I would get some good locks on asap as a fox can easily mess with those and get the door open. See I cant stop looking i find it so cute:oops:

Oh that is fab!!! Lucky piggies!!! Do you wanna hire your hubby out???? We've just had a playhouse delivered for our buns & god it's a bit like pulling teeth at the mo with my hubby, trying to get him to do the inside!!!

Lucky pigs:) maybe put some soft cat type beds in for them to snuggle in?

I was thinking about that - the only problem is they are monkeys for weeing and pooing everywhere! :roll:

I'll see how they get on and if I find a clean spot I may pop one in!

How about putting vetbed on the floor instead?

Thanks for the suggestion.

We are going to put rubber matting down for them, but B & Q have discontinued it :roll: I use it in the bunny sheds and its great - warm in the winter and cool in the summer - anti slip and easy to clean.

My little monkeys would wee and poo everywhere - all over the vetbed!

Thanks for the suggestion.

We are going to put rubber matting down for them, but B & Q have discontinued it :roll: I use it in the bunny sheds and its great - warm in the winter and cool in the summer - anti slip and easy to clean.

My little monkeys would wee and poo everywhere - all over the vetbed!

Aww mine do its easy to wash though;)

Oh that is fab!!! Lucky piggies!!! Do you wanna hire your hubby out???? We've just had a playhouse delivered for our buns & god it's a bit like pulling teeth at the mo with my hubby, trying to get him to do the inside!!!
:lol::lol::lol: show him the piccies - maybe that will get him motivated - you know how competitive men can be - anything he can do I can do better :?:

Worth a try?

Back