• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rspca homecheck

Hi, I wasn't here when they came to ours it was my hubby and it went OK.

She basically looked at the hutch/run and garden and said it was a nice place for a bunny to live. Asked about the current rabbit and how old he was etc.

I don't think this particular person was very bunny savvy from what hubby told me. I think I expected more of a grilling.

Hi, I wasn't here when they came to ours it was my hubby and it went OK.

She basically looked at the hutch/run and garden and said it was a nice place for a bunny to live. Asked about the current rabbit and how old he was etc.

I don't think this particular person was very bunny savvy from what hubby told me. I think I expected more of a grilling.

Ok thanks:)
It asked on the questionaire about what other animals i had,i was honest just hope they dont think i already have too many!!!!

It was the Jersey version of the RSPCA that homechecked me but I guess it will be about the same :)

They looked at my hutches and runs, and asked about my other buns :) Then I went a bit over the top :oops: I showed my vaccination cards, receipts for the neuter and spays, all my rabbit books, my first aid box, gave him a tour of every room in the house to prove it was bunny proof, even had the poor guy stick his head behind the TV so he could see all the wires were protected, asked did he need to speak to my vet, showed him my hay and what food I use....

And I got the feeling he just wanted to leave :oops: He let me have Beau though :lol: I was expecting to be really tested :oops:

It was the Jersey version of the RSPCA that homechecked me but I guess it will be about the same :)

They looked at my hutches and runs, and asked about my other buns :) Then I went a bit over the top :oops: I showed my vaccination cards, receipts for the neuter and spays, all my rabbit books, my first aid box, gave him a tour of every room in the house to prove it was bunny proof, even had the poor guy stick his head behind the TV so he could see all the wires were protected, asked did he need to speak to my vet, showed him my hay and what food I use....

And I got the feeling he just wanted to leave :oops: He let me have Beau though :lol: I was expecting to be really tested :oops:

:lol::lol::lol: That would have been me if I had not had to rush Homer to the vet with urine scald about an hour before they came!

Bluebunny - I am sure that everything will go well for you. You are a very good bunny mummy. :D

:lol::lol::lol: That would have been me if I had not had to rush Homer to the vet with urine scald about an hour before they came!

Bluebunny - I am sure that everything will go well for you. You are a very good bunny mummy. :D

When he left my mum was like :shock: She said the poor guy looked terrified :lol:

I had an RSPCA homecheck when I adopted Shayla, the guy came round and took one look at my garden and said - I think you know more about bunnies than me! He still asked loads of questions though which I thought was great as a) I'm happy to chat about bunnies all day :lol: and b) I could have been a mad hoarder ........... :rolleyes:

I spent the day tidying the house and garden up. The first thing the homecheck person said was, "I'm not here to look at the house, just the hutch and area you're planning to keep him in" :). Which kinda makes sense really.

I spent the day tidying the house and garden up. The first thing the homecheck person said was, "I'm not here to look at the house, just the hutch and area you're planning to keep him in" :). Which kinda makes sense really.

Good cause my house is a tip:lol: in the middle of decorating

Back