• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Carefresh or Megazorb

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
right the vet has told me to use megazorb or carefresh as the buns litter til their hocks clear up as opposed to wood shavings.

where is the best place to get this online aka best value?

I'd go to Upsons in Hatfield Peverel and get a sack of megazorb from there - it's about £6 from memory - postage costs will make it far more expensive to get online I'd have thought. I always found carefresh to be much more expensive.

I think it would be better, I haven't used carefresh for a long time but from memory megazorb is much softer.

Upsons - if you go on the main road towards Hatfield Peverel from Maldon, you take the lane off to the left just as you come into the village - by the first signpost/village sign I seem to recall. I think it's signposted 'upsons farm shop' there somewhere anyway. It's just along there on the left.

They probably also do it at the place you usually get your hay from.

I started to use Megazorb when one of mine started to sit in it and get sore hocks. I put a bit of hay over to stop them eating it. It is about £6 for a massive sack.

I use Megazorb, its about £7 for a huge sack :) Carefresh is the same sort of stuff, but about £4 for a tiny bag :shock: I used to use it but had to buy about 7 bags a week for the three rabbits litter trays and three rat cages, using the same amount a sack of megazorb lasts about a week and a half :) x

I use Megazorb, its about £7 for a huge sack :) Carefresh is the same sort of stuff, but about £4 for a tiny bag :shock: I used to use it but had to buy about 7 bags a week for the three rabbits litter trays and three rat cages, using the same amount a sack of megazorb lasts about a week and a half :) x
I was the same.Megazorb is so much cheaper and does exactly the same job.

you can get megazorb from THE too megazorb is fab stuff used to use it with the rats and have used it with the buns too. obvioulsyit is cheaper if you can pick it up but i have orderd rfrom THE before dont think i was killed too much on postage

i will get some from Upsons, as its on my mums way to work, thanks alison!:D

poor bunnehs with their sore feeties!

I'm currently using carefresh from the internet, it's about £10 for a 60L bag. Use about 1 per week though :shock:

If I found a local megazorb supplier I would try that instead :(

i dont know how big this bag is, but hopefully it will be better for them :)

anything to mae my boys feeties hurt less

I'm currently using carefresh from the internet, it's about £10 for a 60L bag. Use about 1 per week though :shock:

Where did you get it at that price?:wave: The cheapest I found is a site that sells 6x10ltrs bags for 18.84 but then they add vat and P&P which takes it up to £26.88. I pay £5.80 for 70(or is it 75)litre sack of Megazorb, and no postage as I'm fortunate enough to live fairly near to a stockist.

There are a couple around Exeter I think. Is that too far?

It saves us a lot having a local(ish) supplier. It's only £5.40 a bag and also they stock all the major pellet brands which are substantially cheaper too.

Where did you get it at that price?:wave: The cheapest I found is a site that sells 6x10ltrs bags for 18.84 but then they add vat and P&P which takes it up to £26.88. I pay £5.80 for 70(or is it 75)litre sack of Megazorb, and no postage as I'm fortunate enough to live fairly near to a stockist.

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2129

I think delivery is free if you order 4 or more at the same time.

There are a couple around Exeter I think. Is that too far?

It saves us a lot having a local(ish) supplier. It's only £5.40 a bag and also they stock all the major pellet brands which are substantially cheaper too.

Well it's too far for me to go every week but I could probably make it once a month or something. :) Where is it please?

Well it's too far for me to go every week but I could probably make it once a month or something. :) Where is it please?

The one we use is near Bath, but these stockists are from the Northern Crop Driers website and I think they are all Exeter-ish (my South West geography is much better since I had to find stockists of this stuff).

Bones, Okehampton, 01837 81088
Town & Country, Exeter, 01392 461420
Rollestone Feeds, Kenn, Exeter, 01392 832150

Seems like the going rate is £5.50-£6.00 a bag and we find 3 bags last about a month for our 4 buns (4 litter trays changed once or twice a day).

We use both, Carefresh for the hamster (with a little Megazorb mixed in) and Megazorb for the piggies and buns. Megazorb is more dusty than Carefresh but definitely softer and much better value for money. It's about £6.00 for a sack from a local horse feed supplier. Much nicer than sawdust, less drying on their feet and my hands!:D

Hope you see some improvement in the boys feet soon.

I think it would be better, I haven't used carefresh for a long time but from memory megazorb is much softer.

Upsons - if you go on the main road towards Hatfield Peverel from Maldon, you take the lane off to the left just as you come into the village - by the first signpost/village sign I seem to recall. I think it's signposted 'upsons farm shop' there somewhere anyway. It's just along there on the left.

They probably also do it at the place you usually get your hay from.

we went there and they didnt know what we were talking about :?

they didnt have any and hadnt heard of it. bizzare!

dont know where to get some now

I asked about megazorb at my local pet supplies shop and they found out about whether they could get it from their suppliers - now they order it specially for me and always have a bag in stock - so it's worth finding out if any local stores can get it in for you. I think I pay £7 for a big bag.

we went there and they didnt know what we were talking about :?

they didnt have any and hadnt heard of it. bizzare!

dont know where to get some now

When I was looking for a supplier I just phoned all the places that sell horsey type stuff listed in the phone book and asked :) Or I do think there is a list of suppliers on the internet somewhere, i will try and find it hun x

Hope this helps :)

http://www.northerncropdriers.co.uk/stockists.htm

Back