• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinions on this hutch please

Poppymum

Alpha Buck
http://ukpetsonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=446

Now I know that its a lot of money ( have seen them cheaper, but was the only decent pic I could find ) and that i could get a shed for the same money ( I just dont have the space for a shed or a playhouse )

does anyone have one of these? if so what do you think to it?
what do people in general think to it?

Its for Jasmine bun, and for her husband when she gets married ( in the spring ). She is a Dwarf lop, and for her partner ( providing she doesnt beat them all up ) I am hoping for a small/medium sized uppy eared chap

I think the general opinion on these boards is that it isn't really big enough. Most rescues require a hutch at least 6ft x 2ft x 2ft and a permanent run at least 6ft x 4ft or 6ft by 6ft

Is it possible you could find a 6ft hutch with a run underneath if space is limited?

Hope you find something that works for you.

I have ordered one of these its coming this week but now im not sure so would be interested to see peoples opinions, its hard to find a decent size hutch without being a diy genius and making it yourself or spending a fortune on a kennel! I have a happy hutch at the mo, but it drives me insane being awkward to clean, although my buns use litter trays, i like it spotless :lol:

The run is 6ft by 3ft. But my bunnies also have a 6ft by 8ft seperate run that they go out in the day in and when im in the garden they have free range.

Last edited:
If you are going to get one, it's waaaaaaay cheaper from here ;) http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/rabbit_hutches/natura/53359 Plus there's a 5% off code if you order more than £75 - not sure if it works on single products over this price though :lol:

Personally I'm a bit undecided, it doesn't give a bad overall space but the total floor space is 6*3 so less than the generally recommended run size, and the actual hutch bit is quite small so they would only have a small dry area to retreat to if it is wet outdoors (water will run into it even with the roof).

I would get in contact with the rescue you are likely to adopt from (if you're planning on going to a rescue) and see what their opinion is - make sure you let them know if there will be additional exercise time out, how long this will be, what size it will be etc, and see what they say.

If you are going to get one, it's waaaaaaay cheaper from here ;) http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/rabbit_hutches/natura/53359 Plus there's a 5% off code if you order more than £75 - not sure if it works on single products over this price though :lol:

Personally I'm a bit undecided, it doesn't give a bad overall space but the total floor space is 6*3 so less than the generally recommended run size, and the actual hutch bit is quite small so they would only have a small dry area to retreat to if it is wet outdoors (water will run into it even with the roof).

I would get in contact with the rescue you are likely to adopt from (if you're planning on going to a rescue) and see what their opinion is - make sure you let them know if there will be additional exercise time out, how long this will be, what size it will be etc, and see what they say.

Thats where i ordered mine from but think i may send it back.... the cheapest kennel i could find is £330 from ebay plus delivery, i need one thats easy to dismantle as will probably be at this house for a year.

Am very tempted though.... need to win the lottery!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....rkparms=algo=CRX&its=S%2BI&itu=UCI%2BSI&otn=2

I saw one of these in the flesh when I collected a pair of bunnies coming into rescue - I felt that the hutch part was way too small... I did like the way the run was covered though - it'd be great if it was double the size!

I do have a 6 foot hutch for Marv ( piggy who will also get a buddy in the Spring )
whatever we get the buns will have at least 3 hours exercise on the lawn ( free ) and then be in a run for the rest of the time ( unless the weather is really pants )

It really does decide on the size of the buns going in it. We had 2 lops stay in one quite happily for 2 weeks this summer, and they had plenty of room, they stayed in the run part all day and only popped in the hutch part to feed and sleep at night.

Back