• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Opinions on this hutch please

Poppymum

Alpha Buck
Now I know that its a lot of money ( have seen them cheaper, but was the only decent pic I could find ) and that i could get a shed for the same money ( I just dont have the space for a shed or a playhouse )

does anyone have one of these? if so what do you think to it?
what do people in general think to it?

Its for Jasmine bun, and for her husband when she gets married ( in the spring ). She is a Dwarf lop, and for her partner ( providing she doesnt beat them all up ) I am hoping for a small/medium sized uppy eared chap

http://ukpetsonline.com/detail.aspx?ID=446

I personally like it and have one similar for my two rabbits.

But I made a few modifications;

I put a wooden floor on the bottom and legs on it and attached a run.

Picture in the link

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=141768

I don't think it is big enough for all day without a run and the sleeply area isn't big enough for them to be shut up in at night, hence I put a floor on the bottom and a plastic back on it against the shed, so the sleepy area is never shut.

But I know a few people on here that wouldn't reccomend it.

Louise

I think that one is slightly different to yours?

( dont slap me if im wrong )

but thanks for the advice about the sizing...My plan is to have them in it at night ( with the bedroom door open ) and then they can have a sep run for the day time

It is slightly bigger than mine, I think it is a good hutch, my rabbit love it. And if you have a separate run that sounds good to me. :)

I think that one is slightly different to yours?

( dont slap me if im wrong )

but thanks for the advice about the sizing...My plan is to have them in it at night ( with the bedroom door open ) and then they can have a sep run for the day time

I think there are two similar designs available - see 'the pet extraordinarium co.uk' they have both, just 2 different sizes and heights. though i agree, either are quite good designs.

I think its lovely. Was looking myself a few weeks back. Love the slide out tray also. Ebay had them at one point really cheap, thats where I saw them.

Hi,we have this cage.It is great,we wanted something that looked nice too.Great for storage in the top ,plenty of room for our two lionheads .The only thing i would say is the wood is quite soft and they have chewed it quite a lot,also it could probably do with extra catches on the doors as the heart ones can be easily knocked or left in an unsecure position!

We got ours way cheaper than those youve seen .Our local pet centre matched the price from zooplus !!

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/rabbit_hutches

hope this helps!

Sorry, but I don't like them. :( I have seen them in the flesh and I personally don't think they are big enough. I think you can get better sized acommodation from Happy Hutch or similar.:D

I think they look really good its just a shame the sleep area is so small, it wouldn't be too bad if we had nice weather but doesn't provide much shelter in typical british weather. I like the roof idea but unfortunately rain blows in all directions so would probably get in the sides quite a bit and you'd end up with drowned rats not buns.

Back