• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is This A Good Place To House A Rabbit?

My little pal is growing up now and his hutch is way too small I think. Anyway, my mum has a potting shed that she doesn't use anymore with two panes of glass missing off either side- if I put wire mesh over the holes, will it be an OK home for him? There is room at the side for a run too so that he has plenty of room. It is secure- it has a locking door. I thought it would be ideal for the winter months. And in the summer, it is shaded too by several out of control plants!

Sounds perfect :D It will be great for winter cos you can go in and play with him/clean without standing in the rain :lol:

Aww :lol:

It might be an idea to put a bit of plywood or mesh around the base inside just incase he gives it a nibble that way if your mum wants it back at some point she wouldn't be shocked by the tooth marks. If you look though the forum there's so good tips of converting sheds/playhouses that might give you fun ideas.

Tam

sounds good, as long as it is clean and dry :) you might want to look at fitting some kind of shutter/flap over the windows at night so all the rain doesnt come in - don't want to find bunny paddling in the morning :shock::shock:

he will be a lucky bun, its nice for them to have a shed to run about in :)

Back