• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor Domino & Peanut U/D back from vets

XMissySJx

Wise Old Thumper
he is curled up on some vetbed grinding his teeth. I think its his hocks, they are blistered and red, but going all up the base of his feet aswell as on the actual hock. I have put sudocream mixed with aloe vera on them, but hes still in pain.

He has an appointment at 5:15, with peanut too bcus his arent much better.

Last edited:
Poor bun. What type of bun is he? Just interested - I had a rex that never had sore hocks, but I do have to keep an eye on my English Spot & my NZ white

hes not a happy bun at all. ive never seen him less than a happy chappy, its weid to see. his head is flat on the vetbed and his eyes are closed :(

i just dont see how they r so bad, i mean logically ig uess its genetic as peanut has them too.. but then why does peanut have them?!

They are clean, short nails, (actually they need doing but theyre not long at all). not over weight, even tho one vet told me domino was. its just he is bigger, but hes not overweight.

Could it be anything to do with his toileting?

One of mine got sore hocks when she first became urine incontinent. At that point she wasn't getting any urine on the fur around her bum, but had lost bladder control, so was urinating anywhere and everywhere except her litter tray and sitting in it :(

Her hocks cleared up nicely with sudocrem and a daily complete clean-out of her hutch

no, domino has never had an issue with peeing on himself, hes white underneath etc and he has never even been remotely yellow lol

I said this in my reply to your PM but will copy it onto here too

Awwwww poor lad :(

I wonder if he should take a wound swab as from what you describe (obviously not actually seeing the hocks I can only guess) it sounds as though active infection is present.

Am I right in thinking one of your Buns had a suspected 'active' EC.....was it Jelly
I ask as hind leg weakness can first become apparent in that the Buns hocks get sore. You may not notice reduced hind leg power in Peanut and Domino if in its early stages but I'd def' ask the Vet to check for this. I am assuming all Buns were treated with Panacur/Lapizole?

As I have said before I have had the best results from using Flamazine for very sore hocks.

they said theyre hocks were both really bad, dominos especially. she asked all about their housing etc, as she hadnt seen me before and she was shocked when she heard how well they lived considering they had such bad feet.

she didnt give me flamazine, she gave me me somethingelse, ill check the name in a min.

cost me £60 and all i got was some cream!!

Hector had baytril and fudicerm cream and his feet are healing nicley. I guess every bun is different so may need different creams, hope they get better soon! x sending vibes

Poor bunsters, sending vibes for their feet. Are they outside buns?? And do they have access to a run?

Im just wondering whether their feet are getting wet?

the vet suggested that i SPLIT the group into two pairs, the girls, and the boys as the boys had sore feet. i wasnt amused.

I went to that hopper evenings today at a new vets and they were excellent, they knewlots about sore hocks so i am going to take them there in a week for their checkup instead

the vet suggested that i SPLIT the group into two pairs, the girls, and the boys as the boys had sore feet. i wasnt amused.

I went to that hopper evenings today at a new vets and they were excellent, they knewlots about sore hocks so i am going to take them there in a week for their checkup instead

Great..I get confused with which vets is which, which had the hopper evening ?

Back