• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Does anyone elses bunny do this?

Lissa Lou

Alpha Buck
Munchkin insists on sitting in his litter tray and using it as a bed not as a toilet :oops:

Any ideas on how I can change this, sorry I'm still a new bunny mummy.

Millions of bunnies do this :lol:

As long as the litter tray is changed 1 or 2 times a day it shouldn't really be a problem, rabbits are quite good at keeping themselves clean.

Perhaps provide something softer that he will like lying on instead?

If you don't already you could put a small layer of hay on top of the litter, so most of the wee will seep down to the actual litter and wont come in contact with their skin

do you mean bun is pooign andsleeping in it or pooping elsewhere? i would give a second litter tray if its the latter in the place where bun does poop and wee...

Noodle hates a litter tray - whenever he used to go near it he used to flip it using his mouth :lol:

That was his party trick when people came round!

:lol::lol::lol:

do you mean bun is pooign andsleeping in it or pooping elsewhere? i would give a second litter tray if its the latter in the place where bun does poop and wee...

He is weeing and pooping outside the litter tray but sleeping in the litter tray that he moved to the opposite corner, hope that makes sense??

Put the tray where he is weeing then hopefully he should use the tray unless he is like my Pumpkin. Pump would go everywhere but his tray. I then cottoned on to the fact that he didnt want to go where he ate & took the hay out of the tray. He used the tray from that day on :D

i just got a corner tray for bigs and carrie, it only had newspaper in it but biggles sat in for 20 mins with his ears up, im wondering if he thought he could sail orf in it :lol::lol:
my buns do some poo and sleep in there hay but most of the time they poo and wee at the other end or downstairs

Bailey has a soft bed on the ground floor of his cage and a blanket in a little hut on the top floor to sleep in yet he still insists on pooping, peeing and sleeping in his litter tray :roll:

Back