• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Kreacher the bunny

rattymum

New Kit
Okay.. long story short - Kreacher is my partner's ex wife's bunny (well, now he's mine!) - who she 'rescued' from a friend about 18 months ago, then stuffed him in a hutch and did nothing with him :( - oh, and left him with my partner when she left 8 months ago.

He works full time and had no time for him, and his daughters are too young to be really interested - so last night he came to live with me!

Kreacher2-2.jpg

He is (we think) about 2.5 to 3 years old, and is surprisingly sweet natured and very easy to handle, I clipped his claws last night and groomed out a couple of minor matted patches no problem.

I successfully sexed him this morning - made easier by the fact he hasn't been neutered so his testicles are there for all to see! (Under the fluff anyway..)

I just wondered if anyone could tell me what breed/variety he is?

I am right in thinking a Dwarf of some description.....?

Anyway, this is a wonderful forum I have found to be very informative so far :)

awww hes LOVELY!! definatly a nethie, maybe a nethie cross but hes got it in him!

hes so adorable

ooh lovely, thank you everyone for the information that he is a Netherland Dwarf - duely noted!

This Saturday my partner and I are driving to pick up a 6 month old neutered Lion-head buck from a friend of mine who is allergic to him :( Very sad, but I am very pleased to be offering him a home.

I am going to have a scout round the forum and see how it would be to bond males as a pair - probably very difficult.. (I know male to female bonding are *far* easier)

Kreacher has spent the afternoon in my porch (entirely bun friendly and quite spacious) and it has been lovely to see him hop about and stretch out on the floor and play with things (my toddlers are keen to donate items to him at the moment.. not sure he would do much with 30+ blocks of Duplo though......) - I think he definitely appreciates the extra room after months in his hutch!

From reading around, people seem to say that male/male bonds are harder than male/female but not as hard as female/female - I dont have personal experince of this though. good luck:wave:

Ah well that's promising then - Thank you!- I know that males have better temperament as 'pets' once they have been neutered so I will be booking Kreacher in as soon as I can :)

His housemate -to- be Dobby the Lionhead (running a theme with house elf names...) is neutered already so when they're both fixed I will start the intros

as long as you get them both neutered and allow about 6 weeks for the hormones to die down (especially as he is quite.....mature.....) you should be fine.

Thank you so much for your replies :)

My partner was not impressed he had moved in a 'Silver Fox' to keep me company.. :lol: (childish sense of humour anyone?)

Back