• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

too excited for words

huppie

Mama Doe
I am posting this here because you might understand my joy - I tried texting friends and family alst night and there were less than interested!

Huppie is a grumpy, stroppy, uninterested rabbit. It takes a lot of effort to keep the bond I have with her and she often decides she wants nothing to do with me at all. Anyway, yesterday I was preparing her food and she got so excited she stood on her hind-legs to take food out of my hand!!! She was just like a dog, very odd but insanely cute. I thought maybe it was a one-off, but she did it again this morning and repeatedly...:love:

Plus, she let me stroke her cheeks and nose yesterday and today! Hoorah! She even came away from her food bowl for more strokes. I can't believe it.

It makes up for the fact she decided to change her toilet corner away from the litter tray yesterday...joy oh joy

:D:D:D:D

That's great! She obviously feels very happy and safe with you.
Bunny love is the best love in the world :love:

How lovely ! All that patient effort you have made has paid rewards. I'm really pleased for you that she is demonstrating her bunny love.

On another theme mentioned above.....changing corners from their litter trays..... WHY do they do this ? Mine has done this a few days ago and the corner he has now chosen of the hutch i can't fit the litter tray into !!!

yey, I knew you would understand rather than think I am some weirdo lady

luckily, the litter tray will fit in the corner she chose but she has done this once before and swapped back to the old corner a couple of days later...grrrrr

funny question prob but is she speyed already? this can often make a bumn easier to use the litter tray where you want and freindlier towards their human freinds.... in saying that iv known a speyed doe who want sonly bunny comany bless her and has nothing to do with us should she get her way!!!

She was speyed at the beginning of July - I think she is still in the 'hormone-settling' stage so maybe it will all be good after that...either way she is cute, and she loves me, hoorah

awwww yay!!

my bunny Jelly used to hate me. she bit, scratched, everything.

Now she will groom me, eat food out of my hand, jump on me, she is sooo lovely (as long as i dont try and pick her up!!)

Back