• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another silly question.. I don't think he likes me

MammaH

Alpha Buck
I've had Binx for a day and I've been trying to make friends with him, I've let him explore my room and he seems to have taken to his litter tray earlier than I expected! (well apart from the poos he just seems to hop and poo at the same time!)

But I've been laying on the floor and I've picked him up a couple time and laid him on my chest and been speaking to him gently and stroking him, but then when he's just hopping around I've put my hand slowly upto his nose and everytime he had a sniff he freaks out and runs away :( Am I doing something wrong... He's only a kit (8weeks old) and obviously I'd be freaked out at the size of me! but I've done everything I've been told to do and yet he still doesn't seem to want to get to know me, am I moving to fast do you think?

I'd stick with the lying down but stop trying to pick him up or chasing him. Just sit and wait til he comes to you and ignore him. Try reading a book or watching telly. He'll be much more relaxed if you ignore him and let he get used to you in his own time :)

my rabbit gloria was all over me for the first couple of months but since we have introduced her to our other house rabbit Norris she does not want to know us any more (well for cuddles anyway)

She runs straight to Norris if we go near her but does still follow us from time to time and likes to be where ever we are, unlike Norris who tends to stay close to his hutch.

Is this normal?

We do not want to pick her up and force her to have cuddles with us again but we do really miss it. Norris on the other hand jumps striaght on our laps when he wants some attention.

i'll do what ya said, i cant help but keep looking at him as hes so adorable :love: but its understanable he'll be freaked out

i'm in bed now watching tele and ive just briefly cleaned his cage from all the pool, he only hasa pet blanket in the bottom, but hes got hay in a troff and i'm leaving him to his own devices, i've left his cage open and its right next to my bed :)

they'll be plenty of more silly questions so be prepared :oops::!:

I still can't help but just sit and watch Alfie when he's running about. :love: We got him at the end of June at almost 9 weeks and we did as you've already been advised - not trying to pick him up and handfeeding & he is such a friendly little fella now. It will be worth the wait, I promise. ;)

I tried picking up Fendi on the second day of having her - big mistake. Her breeder told me to wait a week but I thought that she wouldn't like me but after the second day I waited a week and its well worth it because she is so lovable and is out most of the day!

hes such a scamp he seems to like the carpet and getting into the squeeziest of places... ive been clapping to tell him no is that wrong? :?

Back