• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question about moulting....

Julia123

Warren Veteran
My house buns seem to moult whenever they feel like it and I have never had an issue, however my boy Bungle (outdoor bun) is having a major moult, his new fur seems thicker but finer - is this normal? surely he should be thickening up for the winter? Nushka (his wifey) doesn't seem to be moulting at all - whats going on :?????

the rabbits dont know whats going on with this weather so nor does thier hair folicals, also central heating causes molting.

peanut has always been an odd moulter, he changes ALL the time, im sure its down to the fact they dont understand our silly weather!

Peanut "Ohh its getting warm dear,we better make our coats thin, start grooming me back!"

Jelly "Oh its started raining, better stick it back in"

hahahaha

:oops:

My outdoor buns usually moult spring and autumn but this year it was alot longer, still shedding until mid summer!
My boys winter coat is finer but fuller in winter, velvety soft too :)

Your bun sounds like he is having a normal pre winter moult to me :D

my house buns moult allot due to the heating in our home we are really confusing them!

The weather this year has been so unpredictable and im sure your bun was moulting for the hot weather if his fur has got thinner and will then moulth again with a thicker coat when the british weather descides what its doing!

Pebble hasnt started to mault yet... and she lives out doors! :shock:

edit: ive only see her go through one HUGE mault and she was half way through it when we got her nearly a year ago now!!:shock::shock:

Back