• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bunnies on doorstep!

Becky86

Wise Old Thumper
Well... I got home today to find 2 boxes on my doorstep all taped up. As the dog comes everywhere with us, she ran through the gate straight to these boxes! I opened the one up to find 2 bunnies!! I then opened the second to find another bunny :shock: I was so shocked!! Phoned Lucy straight away and she sorted them out a foster home as i have no space :(

I couldnt believe it! They are all so gorgeous, how could someone leave them on someones doorstep?!? :cry: they all seem so friendly too, just a bit messy round their bums and very smelly.

I live right near Cannock Chase, and as Lucy said at least they didnt let them off over there :(

Heres a couple of piccys, not very good as only had them at mine for about 20 mins while a new foster home was sorted. Just cant believe people are so cruel :(

Photo-0085.jpg

Photo-0083.jpg

Photo-0082.jpg

Photo-0081.jpg

they all look very young, like babies so i dread to think whats happened to their mum and dad :( Such a sad story. At least they'll be looked after now, poor things

The people were probably embarrassed at having to give them up. What sort of state are they in? They look so cute - at least they are in reasonably sized boxes. Imagine if you hadn't come home though! Hope they get sorted with lovely forever homes soon!

The people were probably embarrassed at having to give them up. What sort of state are they in? They look so cute - at least they are in reasonably sized boxes. Imagine if you hadn't come home though! Hope they get sorted with lovely forever homes soon!

Theyre very friendly, and look quite well fed. One of the ones in the pair looks a little chubby to be honest but they other is rather skinny :( They have very very messy bottoms, poo all stuck to the bums and back legs :( Caroline (the fosterer i took them too) was even thinking about cutting round the one in the single box's bottom its so bad :( Looks like theyre been sat in their own mess for a LONG time.

Like you say they were probably embarrassed :( At least they bought them to the right place though

It is awful for them to be dumped like this, but on the plus side out of an awful situation , people had obviously heard of the good work that you do and felt you were the best place to help them have a better life.

:cry: that's so sad, I'm glad they've ended up in good hands though, their lovely I hope they will now have a happy future with people who will give them the care and love they deserve.
x

Aw, bless them! They could have eaten their way out of the boxes in no time. Thank goodness you hadn't been gone for a long time.

I just can't understand why any would leave them like that though instead of making sure they were safe before you left them - so sad.:(

I always go to mums on a sunday for dinner... i left this morning at 10.30am and didnt get home until 4pm :( Dont know how long they had been there :( I live in a row of old people and the lady next door is like neighbourhood watch, she is constantly in the window but she went on holiday yesterday :roll: typical!!

Thats awful - but I see straw and maybe a bowl in those boxes suggesting some thought went into it - maybe they couldnt cope with them any more and thought this was the best way?! I admit they'd have to be pretty stupid but you never know. It must be someone who knows about you too which must narrow it down a bit...?

glad they're safe now.

It does boggle the mind. There is so much sadness in situations like these. I am glad they will be well looked after now. I wonder who it could be, who knew you?

Thats awful - but I see straw and maybe a bowl in those boxes suggesting some thought went into it - maybe they couldnt cope with them any more and thought this was the best way?! I admit they'd have to be pretty stupid but you never know. It must be someone who knows about you too which must narrow it down a bit...?

glad they're safe now.

I suspect Becky would have provided the bowl, not sure about the straw though.

The little boy is a gorgous colouring isn't he, you can't really see how long haired the one girl is but new pics will be forthcoming.

Awwww they are beautiful, poor things. Strange that the people knew the best house to take them too :shock: ?! At least they ae safe now. XxX

I did put the bowl in... gave them a little water as didnt know how long they hadnt had any for :(

I would hate to think it was someone i knew! I would hope that they would have approached me for help before it came to this. Alot of people know i foster for the rspca and our garden is easily visible from behind so people know i keep rabbits. I guess i'll never know where they came from but i know they'll be going to a good home now.

I hate to think what would have happened if i hadnt come home when i did :(

Look foward to seeing some better piccys :D

Back