PDA

View Full Version : I'm getting a wifey for Peanut!!

Daphne & Peanut
07-09-2008, 08:33 PM
Hi everyone

I've had peanut now for about 2 months and he was neuted a couple of weeks ago. So now it's time to get him a friend, this weekend i've bought the thistle hall hutch from p@h for them to live in, and we attached a 7ft run that my o/h made and i've got the hutch that peanut was in for the new girly to live in when i get her. Peanut is going to be vaccinated in the next week so how soon after he's been done can i think about getting the girl? also how long should i leave them in the seperate hutches so they can see each other before introducing them?

I'm a bit worried that when we get the girl peanut will ignore me and put all his attention onto her..............i know that'll be a good thing but i'll be jealous as he loves his mummy at the moment!!

Anyway sorry for rambling on, i have a habit of doing it!!!!

Thanks

Tamsin xx

bunlover
07-09-2008, 08:36 PM
firstly i would give it a minimum of 4 weeks for his hormones to calm down make sure that ou go to a rescue to get a new wife as she will be neutered already to stop cancer and to stop pregnancy(males can be fertile up to 8 weeks after op!!!) i would then take him to local rescue and go speed dating he gets to choose his wife bun then and its much likelier to work as a bond...also they can help you bond them if you want?

Daphne & Peanut
07-09-2008, 08:39 PM
firstly i would give it a minimum of 4 weeks for his hormones to calm down make sure that ou go to a rescue to get a new wife as she will be neutered already to stop cancer and to stop pregnancy(males can be fertile up to 8 weeks after op!!!) i would then take him to local rescue and go speed dating he gets to choose his wife bun then and its much likelier to work as a bond...also they can help you bond them if you want?

He was done 2 weeks ago so i though once he's been vaccinated that'll be 3 weeks , then if i get the little girl and let her settle in that'll be about 4-5 weeks so do you think that'd be ok then.

I'm going to go back to the same rescue place where i got peanut from so i will see if they will help me with the bonding , i'm very nervous!!!!

billysmom
07-09-2008, 08:44 PM
:thumb::thumb: Hope everything goes well, piccys please when Peanut gets his bunnny wife:love::bunny:

Daphne & Peanut
07-09-2008, 08:48 PM
I'll try my best to put some piccies on here, i tried to put a picture of his new cage and run on here earlier but had no success:oops: !! O/h is away for a week i'll get him to help me when he gets back!!

billysmom
07-09-2008, 08:52 PM
I'll try my best to put some piccies on here, i tried to put a picture of his new cage and run on here earlier but had no success:oops: !! O/h is away for a week i'll get him to help me when he gets back!!

:lol::lol::lol: Im exactly the same, me and photobucket dont get on!:oops::lol: