• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm getting a wifey for Peanut!!

Daphne & Peanut

Alpha Buck
Hi everyone

I've had peanut now for about 2 months and he was neuted a couple of weeks ago. So now it's time to get him a friend, this weekend i've bought the thistle hall hutch from p@h for them to live in, and we attached a 7ft run that my o/h made and i've got the hutch that peanut was in for the new girly to live in when i get her. Peanut is going to be vaccinated in the next week so how soon after he's been done can i think about getting the girl? also how long should i leave them in the seperate hutches so they can see each other before introducing them?

I'm a bit worried that when we get the girl peanut will ignore me and put all his attention onto her..............i know that'll be a good thing but i'll be jealous as he loves his mummy at the moment!!

Anyway sorry for rambling on, i have a habit of doing it!!!!

Thanks

Tamsin xx

firstly i would give it a minimum of 4 weeks for his hormones to calm down make sure that ou go to a rescue to get a new wife as she will be neutered already to stop cancer and to stop pregnancy(males can be fertile up to 8 weeks after op!!!) i would then take him to local rescue and go speed dating he gets to choose his wife bun then and its much likelier to work as a bond...also they can help you bond them if you want?

firstly i would give it a minimum of 4 weeks for his hormones to calm down make sure that ou go to a rescue to get a new wife as she will be neutered already to stop cancer and to stop pregnancy(males can be fertile up to 8 weeks after op!!!) i would then take him to local rescue and go speed dating he gets to choose his wife bun then and its much likelier to work as a bond...also they can help you bond them if you want?

He was done 2 weeks ago so i though once he's been vaccinated that'll be 3 weeks , then if i get the little girl and let her settle in that'll be about 4-5 weeks so do you think that'd be ok then.

I'm going to go back to the same rescue place where i got peanut from so i will see if they will help me with the bonding , i'm very nervous!!!!

I'll try my best to put some piccies on here, i tried to put a picture of his new cage and run on here earlier but had no success:oops: !! O/h is away for a week i'll get him to help me when he gets back!!

I'll try my best to put some piccies on here, i tried to put a picture of his new cage and run on here earlier but had no success:oops: !! O/h is away for a week i'll get him to help me when he gets back!!

:lol::lol::lol: Im exactly the same, me and photobucket dont get on!:oops::lol:

Back