• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bit nervous! Going to leave buns out all night for the first time.

xShellx

Alpha Buck
Just finished securing the run so my giants are going to have 24 hour access to there walk in dog run. Tonight is going to be the first night! :shock::cry:

Will leave the hutch door open for them

As long as the run is secure and they can't dig out (and nothing can dig in), I'm sure it will be fine. It's worrying though, I remember the first night Inky and Smokey spent the whole night together on their own, I hardly slept:lol:!

You're braver than me:oops:
Mine would love to be able to go in their runs at night, but I'm too much of a wimp to let them

I bet they loved the freedom. Either that or they spent the whole night asleep in the hutch anyway. :lol::lol:

I shut off Alfie's run for the first couple of nights but got fed up with him nipping my elbow every morning while I was putting the ramp back in for him :shock::lol:, so I decided to let him have free run too. I didn't sleep for the first couple of nights, and I think he takes himself upstairs to bed at about 10pm anyhow, but at least he can come down if he wants.

just went out to see them and they where fine. I checked last night about midnight and they both where out. This morning 1 was in the hutch and other was in the run.

Im really happy now as I hated shuting them in the hutch at night as they are giants and need alot of space.

They now have 24 hour access to a walk in dog run which is 13 by 7 foot yay!

At least I dont have to buy a biger hutch as they can just use theres as a shelter.

Just got to make a roof for the run.

Back