• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Found this earliar...

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
In the garden,is it me or does it look a bit bloated? poor thing
000_0917.jpg

000_0918.jpg

000_0919.jpg

I went back out after ive taken these pics it had gone:( All i can think is we have had millions of slugs in our garden maybe it just ate too many!!!!

I'm not 100% sure but I think frogs and toads puff themselves up to look as big as possible so they are less tempting to preditors - maybe it thought you wanted to eat it :lol::lol:

:lol: I found a tiiiny little toad in my dad's garden today,it was so cute.
Don't like it when they grow huge though :shock:

Last edited:
Poor we lad. Toads can suffer bloat but usually they puff up by stretching out their legs, inflating their lungs with air, and leaning their heads downwards. Since its not the breeding season I doubt he is courting you. He probably felt threatened. Possibly a bird flying overhead or a lurking cat set him off.

I went back out after ive taken these pics it had gone:( All i can think is we have had millions of slugs in our garden maybe it just ate too many!!!!

I wish one would come in my garden and eat the giant, mutant slugs that live here :evil: They are huge - measured one and it was almost 8 inches long :shock::shock:

Poor we lad. Toads can suffer bloat but usually they puff up by stretching out their legs, inflating their lungs with air, and leaning their heads downwards. Since its not the breeding season I doubt he is courting you. He probably felt threatened. Possibly a bird flying overhead or a lurking cat set him off.

Yes i probably scared him,he was hiding under a brick i moved in the garden,infact it made me jump:lol:

Back