• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have you seen this

Is it a spray? :?

I wouldn't use a spray near my buns, or anywhere in my house TBH. Much rather have a plug-in zapper and my venus fly traps :wave:

Hello :wave:

I'm not 100% sure, but i'm pretty sure they contain pyrethrin, which i don't think are good to bunnies :? (I could be totally wrong here) but it looks a bit too toxic for my liking. Youd have to make sure its completely dry and aired before putting the bunny back in. I used johnsons cage n hutch spray a few days ago when molly got mites and then found out after a few rabbits had allergic reactions to the fumes so I left it to dry (although this weather did not help) for 3 days before putting him back in. I however wont be using it again.

I think stuff like this isn't that great for rabbits and its a nightmare getting the hutches to dry out in this weather :roll:

xxxx

This is exactly what I have said to my friend , but she maintains its friendly .........I use a zapper, fly nets and venes flytraps. I would need to be very very sure before I used this kind of spray near any animals

humn I personally wouldn't risk it. Here's a thread to illustrate an allergic reaction to one of the sprays (ironically its one thats sold in lots of places and claims its safe for rabbits)

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=59504&highlight=johnsons+cage+hutch+spray

Although your friend says its safe, it only takes one rabbit to be allergic to it to have a reaction like the case above. Not sure what else you can use as an alternative though? (sorry not much help)!

x x

It contains Pyrethrin which is an insecticide.

http://www.mosquitocontrol.ca/products/Repellents/Kon-infopyre.html

When I did pest control training and certification in the use of poisons, insecticides and COSHH Pyrethrins were NOT to be used around animals and we had to use a mask to administer it.

Johnsons hutch and cage spray has Permethrin in it at 0.38% and you cant use that whilst your pets are near or in the cages and have to allow it to dry thoroughly (for at least half an hour) before replacing the pets inside.

Personally(based on training I've received directly from the BACPC, Poison manufacturers and suppliers) I think it could be a risky one to use

Last edited:
Back