• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Silly Question.. How do you know when a buns weeing? Update.. We have wee!

MammaH

Alpha Buck
I've just picked up my new bun and I'm letting him run around in my room but I live in rented acommodation so I've bun proofed the entire room, but how do I know when he's weeing.
He weed on my yesterday but it wasn't like a mass of wee ha :shock: but I don't know if he is, I've noticed it goes a yellow colour, but my carped it blue and I can't feel anywhere that's wet but I can't see any stains either...

HELP!!!

Last edited:
I don't know about bucks but I've seen one of my doe's pee, she just sort of lifted her tail & stuck her bum out a bit! :lol:

My buck does one of two things:

1) Lifts his hind leg
2) ....just sit there

:lol:

have you got a litter tray set up with hay in? That wil encourage her to go in the tray. They do normally sit and lift their tails up slightly.

Mine pushes his bum into a corner, sits sort of quite hunched up and then slightly lifts his tail and stands a tiny bit higher on his back legs. Almost like he is 'pushing' something out (which I guess he is !LOL) He sits still quite intently before he goes, and you have a good few seconds warning I have noticed.

Heehee, that's how I was prompted to get a deeper litter tray! Mine back into the corner and sort of "concentrate", but didn't notice if their tails were actually INSIDE the tray at the time, so I've had to mop bunny piddle off the window frame several times

*edited to add the fact that this is one of those floor-to-ceiling windows, I don't have levitating bunnies :lol:

lol gumpy kinda wiggles his bum i think he only does this when hes on the duvet though which gives me enough time to leap up and whisk him to his litter tray lol

*edited to add the fact that this is one of those floor-to-ceiling windows, I don't have levitating bunnies

:lol::lol::lol: Levitating ? :lol: I did spend a few seconds trying to figure that one out...I initially settled on the fact that for some reaosn you had a litter tray on the windowsill ?!?! :lol:

still no sign of him weeing! i was surprised to see that he had in his litter tray, but i cleaned it last night, put fresh newspaper in and obviously some poos. checked this morning, he must have pooed everywhere apart from the tray! even in his water bowl, but how long can a bun go without weeing :?

We have wee! I've laid down some newspaper where he went yesterday, but I only used carpet shampoo and he's gone to the exact same place,

the only thing is I've noticed it looks sort of thick and a putrid yellow... is that normal?:?

Back