• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Smell...overwhelming....

Etha

Young Bun
Needless to say my rabbit has been pooing all over my room -_- it smells soo bad like rabbit poo :evil:

I have the fan in the window but what product is best to get rid of these smells? Oust, febreeze...I don't want him to choke on fumes here.

I wouldnt spray anything in the house if the bun lives inside :)

Is he using a litter tray? I dont think ive even noticed rabbit poo smelling before :oops: Do the poo's look like normal bunny poo?

Yes, poos smell! The shed is out of bounds to Dh cos he is allergic but once in there you'd know it was a bunny shed! (And I do clean regularly)

Is he neutered and is it def the poop smelling and not the urine?

Is he littertrained?

What diet is he on? It may be the pellets/mix he is being fed that are making him a stinky boy ;)

Yes, poos smell! The shed is out of bounds to Dh cos he is allergic but once in there you'd know it was a bunny shed! (And I do clean regularly)

I cant smell them :? I just tried and I cant smell anything :oops:

Their litter trays smell, when they pee in them though

I cant smell them :? I just tried and I cant smell anything :oops:

Their litter trays smell, when they pee in them though

:lol::lol:I hope you don't get too close to the poops when you smell them as they can easily be sucked up into nostrils i am sure!:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Nope it didnt go up my nose :lol:

I even went out and checked Trip and Scarletts too, just incase :lol:

Okies sorry people didn't explain lol

I just had my rabbit neutered (Nomaru Got Neetered thread) and he's not really allowed to do anything but sit in his little box..well, I say fooey to that and watch him closely and let him hop around a little, just a wee bit.

Well, last night he hoped up on my bed and poo'd and wee'd all over the sheets!!!!! So I had to wash them..I strip my bed, sweep the room etc etc and when everything is all nice and pretty he goes and poos all over my bed again :censored: needless to say he's back in his box.

He's not litter trained as he's not normally a house bun, because I've never kept him in here for this extended amount of time. Usually he goes outside in the one spot that he always goes poo in.

And yes they smelll....he normally doesn't, I think it might be the medicine that I have to give him (reglan and something else....) but other than that he's been eating normally.

The fan in the window seems to help...:lol: But its deffo not the pee, his urine has a very distinct smell, his poo kinda smells like a skunk 0_o and its really different..really small and darker than usual..and A LOT of it.. I'm sure it'll pass when he's off the meds though. That has to be it...just wish he weren't so stinky

Last edited:
Well how long are you planning on keeping him inside for then? A neutered bun isn't usually very hard to litter train,it might be worth a try. :)
I know exactly what it's like,Boris always assumes my bed is a great loo. :? :lol: Eeew.

well he will eventually need to be litered trained but it really won't be so hard, just scoop up some of his droppings and put it in the pan so he gets used to it...lol I guess I should have done it 4 years ago when I got the lil boogah XD

I go to vets tomorrow to see what she says. He should be able to go on out any day now. But for the mo, he's seemed to have found a spot in my room he just loves lol. Left him alone in here (tv on lmao) for 3 hours and no poos on the bed!! yayyy

Rabbits do tend to use only one or two places for their "toilet" as they're very clean animals, so they're easy to litter train.

Back