• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit awareness

jenzel5

Mama Doe
Just wanted to let people know that we are doing rabbit awareness month at my vets. We decided that not enough people knew what owning a rabbit can involve. We are providing free rabbit checks with a nurse. We go through everything from checking teeth to talking about vacs and housing. I am quite shocked by how people don't know about vaccinations or E.C. I am so glad that we are doing this and so far we have had so many bunnies come in and more to come. I absolutely love doing this. It feels like I am making a difference. I have had so many oh I didn't know that and I just smile and think yay, well you do now. I have had a but it's just a rabbit:censored::censored: aswell and have had to stay calm and nicely say why it isn't just a rabbit. Just thought I would let you all know that some bunnies lives might change for the better.

Last edited:
thats great :D :D my vets are doing something similar - they have a board up with info about rabbits and leaflets to take away, so people can learn about diet/vaccs etc

I think this is great....as I researched before I got my first rabbit....but the books I read didn't mention ahlf the stuff that is important :?

What a great idea! Without this forum I wouldn't have known about lots of important things, but a rabbit awareness day is definitely something I would have gone to at my vets!

Well done you!

Thats really great. My vets haven't had a rabbit awareness thing for a few years. They are selling first aid kits for dogs and cats but not rabbits or small animals. Did think about suggesting it.

My vets are doing 'Happy Hopper Evenings' once a month where they cover a different subject, this month its Nutrition :D

Back