• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hello :)

Nethie Lover

Young Bun
Hello there :):wave:

Thought I would introduce myself although I have received great advice already from the forum!!

I live in Scotland with my 6 year old daughter and our 4 month old Nethie Dwarf called Max. I am very smitten with him and although he still has the odd growl as I go to lift him, I just ignore him now as he likes nothing more than to be all cuddled into me - he falls asleep for heaven's sake!!! I think he just likes to pretend that he is all macho!!!:lol:

I had a female Nethie when I was a little girl and I liked her very much so wanted another one but the breeder really wasn't keen and was trying to get me to buy a mini lop saying they were more friendly. Personally I think with plenty love and handling then all bunnies are friendly and we have no problems with Max and my daughter loves her supervised cuddles with him. She is a little nervous that he will make a bid for freedom so we always bring him in the house and she has a cuddle there!

At the moment I am also on the hunt for a rescue Cavalier King Charles doggy which is proving a bit of a challenge in the area - and in fact Scotland in general - however, I will keep on persevering:cry:

As I said in another post I am so glad to have found this forum as I get all gushing about my bunny and I think my chums are getting a bit bored now!! Bit like when you have a baby and all your non child friends wonder what the attraction is!!!!!!!:lol:

Hope you are all well

xx

Hello Welcome to the Forum from another Nethie mother,

As someone from one of our local rescues once said to me 'Nethies are big personalities in little bodies' - she couldn't have been more right. We took on two abandoned nethies (one of whom was very grumpy and growled every time you went near him, the other a rather highly strung female) and they have never ceased to amaze us with their antics. We love them to bits - and Bertie (male) has even stopped growling and just loves being fussed now and Aggie (female grey) loves to sit and listen to you talking to her (yeah my friends don't get that either!!!). Enjoy the forum :wave::lol:

hi welcome to the forum!!

your bunny sounds lovely!

as for a cavalier, i have one shes nearly 13 now and shes amazing, however, i dont know if you saw the program on Pedigree Dogs on the BBC i would be very careful when you go looking for a cavalier. My girl has heart problems and the Syringomelia, we actually adopted her off someone else, but her breeding line is awful, saying that shes nearly 13 so shes doing well!

Anyway, sorry to go off topic, i hope you find a cavalier soon, they are amazing dogs, just be wary about the Syringomelia, bcus it is a horribl thing, if you want any cavalier advice feel free to PM me

xxxxx:wave::D

Back