• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting Miffy a friend

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
I need to as she has never been on her own since 8 weeks shes 4 now but i cant help thinking its too soon,im not over Claude and i dont think i will ever find another bun anything like him although im not actually replacing him it sort of feels like that:(

Think of it as not replacing him..but honouring him by missing him so much you feel you'd like to give another bun the love and care you gave him..

Think of it as not replacing him..but honouring him by missing him so much you feel you'd like to give another bun the love and care you gave him..

Thats a really nice way to put it. Thats how I usually feel when I take in a new bunny after loosing one, but I've never really worked out how to put it into words before.

i worried i would be replacing snowy when i got arthur...but it hasnt been that way as he is completly different to snowy and doesnt look remotley like her. i still love him too. and it means dora is really happy which is good. i feel ten times happier for having himn than not x

I left it more than a year before i got another friend for Truffles after Alfie died,but i dont want to do that with Miffy as she has never been alone before

I am so sorry Marie that you are having to face this, it must be so hard. You have to feel ready yourself before you can consider another bunny for Miffy. She will tell you how well she is coping.

This might sound werid maybe selfish not sure:? Ive been looking at rabbits as a friend for Miffy but i cant find one thats 'right' Now im the type of person whos not picky i dont take animals on for looks etc i will take on any animal,so why is it so different this time? I saw about 15 yesterday

This might sound werid maybe selfish not sure:? Ive been looking at rabbits as a friend for Miffy but i cant find one thats 'right' Now im the type of person whos not picky i dont take animals on for looks etc i will take on any animal,so why is it so different this time? I saw about 15 yesterday

go with your gut on this one or take miffy to go along speed dating then miffy can choose own partner x

is it a long way away then? just thinking bonding will be stressful and more so if it isnt a bunny she has choosen? as it may or may not work? once she has choosen a freind tho there you can leave her there for them to bond her and then bring her home? i dont know sorry if you have bonded lots of buns but i know it can be very stressful if you dont know what you are doing.. tho we can all learn! xx

I know it's hard but when you get Miffy a friend you won't be replacing Claude, you just can't replace how much you loved one pet with another so try not to worry about it.
I found it difficult too to accept that I had to get another rabbit but it's better to do it sooner rather than later. Having a new bunny to look after and seeing Miffy happy will make you feel loads better.

It was a huge relief to me when Ted arrived and Phoebe liked him. She hadn't been on her own before either and she looked so bored lying in her run all day with no bun to play with. Now the two of them are washing each other and sleeping snuggled up, it's so nice to see and doesn't mean that I've forgotten Hobbes. I'll always love him and treasure his memory.
You'll know when you see the right bunny for you, something will just click like it did when I first saw Ted's photo :D

is it a long way away then? just thinking bonding will be stressful and more so if it isnt a bunny she has choosen? as it may or may not work? once she has choosen a freind tho there you can leave her there for them to bond her and then bring her home? i dont know sorry if you have bonded lots of buns but i know it can be very stressful if you dont know what you are doing.. tho we can all learn! xx

Yes ive bonded buns:) the ones ive seen its not an option to leave her there:?

Where have you seen them Marie?? if a rescue don't they bond?:?

If you are not in a hurry and can wait I'm sure we'll have a boy bun along soon that fits the bill..and I'lll bond for you
or have you tried Tracy at Rugby as she bonds too:D

If you are not in a hurry and can wait I'm sure we'll have a boy bun along soon that fits the bill..and I'lll bond for you

that sounds good... did you try them in a neutral area? nd were they all neutereed at the time you trie dto bond...when you say she went for them was it just fur pulling/chasing or a lock on fight?

At redgate no way im leaving Miffy there;)

Back