• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rex's do they need ..

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
Special care in the winter? as I know they don't have thick coats like the others. bringing him in is not an option neither is getting him a friend :( Any tips to make winter better for him?

sorry i dont no anything about rex bunnys but some1 will give you advise when they see this thread :)

If he has been outdoors all the time he'll be fine.
Rexes actually do have very dense coats, its just that the fur is not as long as 'normal' furred Rabbits.
Rexes dont require any additional treatment other than that you'd give any other Bun -ie dry, draught-proof hutch with lots of deep clean bedding. A snugglesafe, a hutch-hugger etc

:)

ooo this was something i was worrying a little about too, as i have a mini rex his fur is just starting to grow back nice and fluffy but he does feel the cold, ive got bubble wrap round the hutch, as well as plastic covers over it, also he has a huge fluffy wife too, but hes such a frail little thing i was wondering if this was enough

Back