• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

two two's or one four?

Isabel

Warren Veteran
Hello, :wave:

The long journey for a new home is almost over (everybody cross your fingers and touch wood!). So I will hopefully FINALLY be getting little Mo mo a lady. The lady I will hopefully be getting (fingers crossed everybody!) if I am allowed :D:D:D has had tooth problems like Mo however they both seem to be fairly under control at the moment.

I've had Mo living inside since I had him and he is such a cheerful joy to watch. I tried to bond him with Barney and Roxy but failed which is why I'm getting him a gorgeous wifey of his own.

I asked on here a few months ago about bonding them all together and there were mixed reactions although generally everyone seemed to think that it could work. My question is with two bunnies who potentially might need more regular trips to the vet than the other two, would that be a good decision or would there always be a problem with the bond? has anyone else got a similar situation? I'd love to have them all together. I'd feel mean having two outside. :?

I haven't had a bonded foursome yet but I would think it would be ok, worth a try I guess if you think they are likely to be compatible :)

Hopefully someone else with more experience can help you!

from my experience, girls are more likely to cause problems in a group situation than boys... so less likely to work than when you had just the 3. however it's worth giving it a go, if they bond successfully, it's usually fine to pop just 1 or 2 bunnies down to the vets - I only really have problems when I was having to separate Silas for an hour or so every day to feed him separatley, but haven't had any problems taking a bun or 2 out if it's just for a short time once in a while (my god is that the longest sentence ever?!?! :shock: I've had too much coffee!)

from my experience, girls are more likely to cause problems in a group situation than boys... so less likely to work than when you had just the 3. however it's worth giving it a go, if they bond successfully, it's usually fine to pop just 1 or 2 bunnies down to the vets - I only really have problems when I was having to separate Silas for an hour or so every day to feed him separatley, but haven't had any problems taking a bun or 2 out if it's just for a short time once in a while (my god is that the longest sentence ever?!?! :shock: I've had too much coffee!)

Thanks Leanne and Fayer.

Hmmm I think I might keep it as two twos when I get tother one :D

I tried to bond my two pairs as a foursome, and my previous sweet-natured shy male nethie suddenly turned into a jealous beast, and his previously quiet dominant female turned on every other rabbit of the foursome... so it didn't work. Now if the grey pair even see (or sometimes even smell where they have been) the other pair, my nethie male gives his partner a good chase and a nip if he catches her. (The other pair don't care in the least.)
Now I have to screen one pair out of view of the other.

It has been known to work, some members have large groups of happy buns, but obviously not in all cases. I would love to have seen my four living happily together, but not to be.....:?

I've no advice but good luck with Mo and his new lady you're hopefully getting, fingers & paws crossed here for successful bonding :wave:

Back