• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Question re: 2 sets of Rabs in the garden

Squizz

Alpha Buck
Hi :wave:

We currently have two pairs of rabbits in the garden, in two separate hutches. Our garden is very secure and I am happy for them to have free reign in it - obviously only one pair at a time.

The problem is, the pairs hate each other, and if when they are out they approach the other hutch, it makes its inhabitants go mad and start fighting.

I need a way of screening one hutch off - it needs to be temporary and moveable so it can switch between hutches. Any ideas?? How do other people with multiple pairs get round this problem?

Last edited:
I've done things like chuck an old curtain or blanket over the side of a run, so that bunnies can't see each other - don't know if that would work with hutches, might be too hot - depends on the weather, at the moment - no problem :lol:

Or string up a washing line and hang something to obscure the view - then it wouldn't have to be over the hutch????!!!!!

Or string up a washing line and hang something to obscure the view - then it wouldn't have to be over the hutch????!!!!!

oooh that could work - I could get one of those retractable lines and having it going between the two side fences, and then hang sheets down, perhaps weighting them so buns can't go underneath....

Thanks - that could be a winner!

I have one of those metal pens (8 panels) and i just fence an area of the garden off away from the hutches and let a pair out at a time for supervised play.

Back