• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rhia

Becki xX

Warren Veteran
I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do with Rhia now Daniel is no longer with us. I know from in the past that she gets desperately unhappy alone, and is a different rabbit when shes bonded. We dont feel able/want to take on any more rabbits now, if ever. Also she isnt in the best of health herself, so if we got another rabbit and lost Rhia...well, its just a vicious circle. I work shifts, and soon my Mum will be doing; so there will be someone around most of the time. Once we've moved we'll probably just let her be free range in the garden all the time, rather than now we bring her in if we're going out or are busy. They've always had lots of toys etc which she will play with if shes got nothing else to do, and although she isnt a 'human hater' or anything, she doesnt think too much to human attention. Bringing her indoors isn't an option, as soon we're going to be moving to a much smaller house & there just isnt going to be the space, so we dont want her to get used to it now and then end up back outdoors. We have briefly said we might look at rehoming her to someone where she has the life she has now, but with a friend, if she gets really down...but in reality, I very much doubt we would be able to do it. In fact, I know we wouldnt be able to. I feel so desperately sorry for her, I hate her being lonely :(

i would get her a friend if she does become depressed but if she is ok and just does the normall mourning then i think your ok to leave her alown if she is with you most of the time anyway :wave:

i would get her a friend if she does become depressed but if she is ok and just does the normall mourning then i think your ok to leave her alown if she is with you most of the time anyway :wave:

I know all buns should have friends etc etc...but we arent going to be getting any more. We are both physically & emotionally drained from caring for them whilst they are sick, and then our hearts breaking when they have to leave us.

I know all buns should have friends etc etc...but we arent going to be getting any more. We are both physically & emotionally drained from caring for them whilst they are sick, and then our hearts breaking when they have to leave us.

Dont feel pressurised into getting another bun sweetie, hope your ok xxx

I can totally empathise with your situation, as it's exactly the same for me with Dusty. When Clover died in March, I thought Dusty might only be a few weeks behind. She's still with me, but on very borrowed time, so I still think I did the right thing in not bonding her. I also feel very much like you, in that I need a break from bunnies (don't know how long) after she goes.

I think all you can do is give Rhia lots of love and attention and see how she goes.

Becki I can quite understand you not wanting to get another bunny now if ever. Its very sad that Rhia has lost Daniel.

If it were me I would probably do as you say, ie keep her outside and try to spend time with her. I think I'd just keep my mind and eyes open but you have always done what is best for your bunnies and done so much for them. Any bunny that has picked you (which is what they seem to do for you) has made such a good choice and I'm sure enjoyed every moment with you.
Isabel x

If you do decide to let her go my mum might let me have another bun, just an offer if you're in trouble :)(but I wouldn't definitely be able to take her)

Hope you and Rhia are okay.

becki i dont think you should give rhia up. she could have many happy years left with you and maybe in a year, or longer she could have another friend but i think right now she needs to get better and that is the priority.

xxxx

Awwww Becki, just take time out and see what happens yo have experienced some horrible situations that only you know what you are feeling. Rhia probably will be ok on her own as she gets more than enough attention from the very loving family she has. I know you are saying you are not having anymore rabbits now, but if one came along a few months down the line you & your family would not turn it away as you all care to much;).
See how things go andtake care of yourselfxxx

Dont worry, Bee's going nowhere. Like I said, it was just a thought & we wouldnt realistically be able to let her go. We aren't likely to have rabbits again for a long time now, not only do we feel unable to due to emotions, I have no idea whats going to happen in terms of moving out/away, a career etc and obviously, its not really responsible to bring more lives into the equasion. Thanks for the replies, all very much appreciated. Thanks Isabel as well, thats lovely. And Sarah, Im really really glad to have found someone sharing the same situation. Just feel really rubbish about it, I love Rhia with all my heart & want the best for her, but at the same time, Im going to have a breakdown if I have to suffer anymore heartache! X

Awwww Becki, just take time out and see what happens yo have experienced some horrible situations that only you know what you are feeling. Rhia probably will be ok on her own as she gets more than enough attention from the very loving family she has. I know you are saying you are not having anymore rabbits now, but if one came along a few months down the line you & your family would not turn it away as you all care to much;).
See how things go andtake care of yourselfxxx

ThankYou Kay, Thats lovely :) XX

the thing is, rhia is unwell herself, so realistically she should be better before any new friend would be introduced bcus like you said otherwise u could end up with a vicious circle.

so i think for now, you just need to concentrate on getting rhia better, getting yourself better as in dealing with all the pain/grief.

i know you could never give up rhia realisically :love:

the thing is, rhia is unwell herself, so realistically she should be better before any new friend would be introduced bcus like you said otherwise u could end up with a vicious circle.

so i think for now, you just need to concentrate on getting rhia better, getting yourself better as in dealing with all the pain/grief.

i know you could never give up rhia realisically :love:

Thats true, also if Rhi isn't fully better then any stress such as bonding/long journeys, are likely to be a recipe for disaster. They have to be the most stressful, heartbreaking animals in the world.

Back