• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Feeling Guilty

Sparkle x

Wise Old Thumper
So due to weather ive had to shut Lopsy and Bo, (french lop and english spot) into their hutch which is 5x2x2. There is a hutch/run combo, but due to weather the run has flooded. Lopsy is really fluffy and suffers with sore feet, so i feel i didnt have an option.

They have plenty of hay and toys and can let them out as soon as it drys up.

Ive had them in house to allow Lopsy to dry off. Were looking into either bringing them indoors once Oscar and Jasmine are bonded or buying them a winter hutch. What do you guys think of that?!

My other buns are fine in their hutch/run combo, its just Lopsy!!!! Mind you she has always been the awkward one lol.

Feel abit guilty but dont have much choice today.

Also havent been able to let any outdoor buns out in runs today, as garden is all paved and flooded..*sighs* :?

I've had to keep my two out of their run today for the same reason :( I feel bad about it too, but to be honest I'm sure that even if I had left them with access to the run they'd avoid going out and would prefer to be snuggled up safe and dry - it's absolutely chucking it down here :roll: :(

I've had to keep my two out of their run today for the same reason :( I feel bad about it too, but to be honest I'm sure that even if I had left them with access to the run they'd avoid going out and would prefer to be snuggled up safe and dry - it's absolutely chucking it down here :roll: :(

Aw so im not alone.
Its chucking it down here has been all day.

Ahhh ya see my buns sit in the puddles, god knows why lol

I shut the catflap on the shed today. When I fed them their morning veg, Fredit looked like he'd been swimming the channel during the night. No idea why the little chap sits outside in the rain for so long.

Anyway, they're both coming in for a Friday night bedroom bonanza tonight. It's going to be carnage!!!!

If it's any consolation, I opened the hutch this morning for my two (they go free range), and after 5 mins of garden time they both returned to the hutch and stayed there all day despite the door being open! So I doubt your buns would have wanted to be out even if they had the choice. Mine have only just come back out and that's only because I shouted them to the back door for a treat, no doubt they'll be back in soon.

My 2 have had access to their run all day & I don't think they've been in it at all. Currently they're both in the hutch & don't look keen to go out in the rain.

Smokey and Fudge were soaked when i got home.They just sit in their run:roll:
Angel on the other hand is not so daft and has stayed in the shed.

Drake and Josh are the same. They look so bored, so I have tried giving them loads of toys and stuff they love!
Jack x

I hate this weather!! *

We have our hutches on slabs that are higher than the grass and that has stopped the rain running in - could you add more slaps on top of your paved area and put the hutches on there?

you could also add tarpaulin or shower curtains on top of the run?

I'm sure the buns are fine inside though, I wouldn't want to sit in a run in this weather.

* she says happy in the knowledge she goes on holiday tomorrow. woooo.

I hate this weather!! *

We have our hutches on slabs that are higher than the grass and that has stopped the rain running in - could you add more slaps on top of your paved area and put the hutches on there?

you could also add tarpaulin or shower curtains on top of the run?

I'm sure the buns are fine inside though, I wouldn't want to sit in a run in this weather.

* she says happy in the knowledge she goes on holiday tomorrow. woooo.

Its hard to explain, the paving slabs have a mud bit above them so the water runs down to the run if you get me lol although we are paving it tomorrow.

The run is covered, the rain still gets in from the sides and bottom, its runs through.

The hutch/run combo is 10ft by 5ft so not the easiest thing to be moving about either lol due to space and weight.

They seem okay, rather relaxed actually.

I dont understand why they insist on sitting in the rain!!!!!!!

Where you going?
Im going to Spain on monday, wooooooooooop!!!!!

I shut Trip and Scarlett in their hutch this morning too, and my mum brought them into the house for the afternoon. They didnt seem to care really :lol: I think the last thing they would have done would be to sit in the run in the rain we had today anyways :lol: x

I use to have a house rabbit board with me and the only time she liked going outside was when it was raining, she would sit in it all day and you couldn't get her in for anything:D

My o/h is goin to put my run on extra slabs to stop the rain runnin under but on the back of the run and the side he has put sheets of the perspex crinkly roofin sheets so it dont blow in thru the mesh so they can still play out in the run even when its chuckin it down he put a bit of gutterin on the back of the run and had to empty the drum 6 times yesterday or all that wud a run in2 to run too :)

Back