• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Panacur & Lapizole

Boudicca

Warren Veteran
Hi everyone...1st post!
Do most bunny owners treat their buns against E.cuniculi or is it something that you do if you're just mega cautious?! I've read that you can use Panacur for 9 days 2-4 times a year as a preventative measure, do you use Lapizole in exactly the same way? Lastly, is it cheaper to buy from your vets or does anyone know a good online supplier?

Buns are currently at the vet being spayed, I'm very worried bout them :(

It's one that no-one really knows the answer to, but as someone who had 2 bunnies with undiagnosed EC for 10 months causing havoc with their systems (which came out just after they were spayed, but no vet diagnosed it for ages), I will Panacur any future bunnies, just to be on the safe side.

Lapizole and Panacur Rabbit are exactly the same. Some people use the 10% Panacur, which works out cheaper, but you have to use more of it at a time.

Edit: apologies - forgot to welcome you!! :D

Thanks for replying guys! Id never heard of this horrible illness till I stated looking at these forums, im learning so much helpful stuff! Thanks again Im off to make an order!:)

Back